• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Boos at the final whistle

samwise

have they been giving out free lobotomies in Exeter or something?!

Extending the unbeaten run to 8 games, 4 points clear of the relegation zone with only 5 games left...and people boo a 0-0.

I'm baffled sometimes, I really am! :S

Last edited:

scottus86

What a stupid thing to do, I was just sat here feeling like that spirit of a few weeks ago, with the balloons and greetings off the bus had gone a bit thin, and this say's it all.

Who's making the effort to go to Swindon on monday? If so, should we have the balloons again, I still have some left over from when I picked some up at the bristol game.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not surprising really. Wasnt there but heard it wasnt the best of games. Anyway a point is better than nothing

samwise

Not surprising really. Wasnt there but heard it wasnt the best of games. Anyway a point is better than nothing

It was a dull game but all the players put a good shift in, they all ran their socks off and they were just unlucky that the final ball wasn't there at all this afternoon, for both teams.

That's not a 'booable' offence, in my eyes.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
It was a dull game but all the players put a good shift in, they all ran their socks off and they were just unlucky that the final ball wasn't there at all this afternoon, for both teams.

That's not a 'booable' offence, in my eyes.
Not in mine either, but sadly thats not good enough for some people

terrible terrible game and my first since we went up but i still cheered the result. was important not to lose today and we didn't. only results matter at this stage and we got one. it's easy to see why orient are down here with us but we were probably just about worse than them. don't think we had a single shot on target. thankfully for the one shot of note in the entire game jones was alert to make a very good save from a tight angle although had he been beat it would've been an awful goal to concede
terrible game, good result, especially with some of the other results in league one today

Liam McNamara

well if midfield had pushed forward we might have had a different result! and why take dunn off and leave sercombe on the pitch!!! also goldbourne and his floaty crosses! hit them hard and fast and at head height! but no wasnt really worthy of a boo fest! im normally first one to boo but today i didnt. gutted its not a win but its not a loose!

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
How naive are some of you ?

It was a dire game and we adopted an extremely negative mindset, no wonder some fans took their frustrations out at the end of the game.

Football is supposed to be entertaining, that was dreadful.

ps - I did not boo but I can understand why some did.

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sh*t game, nobody in red and white looked to take the game by the scruff of the neck and actually do something, so it's obvious why people booed.

samwise

How naive are some of you ?

It was a dire game and we adopted an extremely negative mindset, no wonder some fans took their frustrations out at the end of the game.

Football is supposed to be entertaining, that was dreadful.

ps - I did not boo but I can understand why some did.

Negative mindset? We ended the game with 3 forwards on the pitch! And we put a lot of balls and bodies into the box today, just nothing came of it.

And if supporting my team and getting behind the players is naive then I'm more than happy to be that. To me, it's infinitely better than being a miserable, tedious, moaning tw*t.

Some people are just much more content to be moaning than being happy and supportive, I'm sure of it. Strangely, I think if we stay up this year then a good few City fans will be a bit gutted because they will have lost a chance to have a good whinge.

Last edited: