• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bomb in Exeter

grantexeter

by the way deano is not here saturday as with england team

Jean Jeannie

Prob been said on other threads/posts - Police armed with machine guns (o yes - they were bigguns) outside Central Station today. Last time I saw that I think I just got off the ferry to Setanta - could be wrong (normally am). They looked very friendly officers in uniform an all that - I think I could've struck a deal with Lash he played with the guns......

Gussy

The perfect song for such an occasion-Suspect Device, by Stiff Little Fingers!! Just thought I'd mention it!!

Phil Sayers

Very well known Exeweb poster
Anyone watching BBC 10 o'clock news?

Talk about sensational! 'People in Exeter don't know how to deal with this sort of thing'.

Clearly they don't read Exeweb...

loobygrecian

Just seen it on the news at 10 on ITV

Langer

Muslim covert in custody (from msm news)

newburygrecian

A man by the name of Nicky Reilly has been arrested. He is believed to have converted to Islam.

Antony Moxey

Anyone watching BBC 10 o'clock news?

Talk about sensational! 'People in Exeter don't know how to deal with this sort of thing'.
Indeed - like people anywhere else do know how to deal with this. To be honest, I think the authorities have handled things very well. The areas in question were evacuated calmly and without fuss and a safe cordon put in place.

People haven't panicked and just got on with things. I do agree that some of the coverage - nationally - has been a little sensationalist and patronising, lots of inferences of a sleepy backwater, but I would say the authorities and the city in general come out of all of this well.

Langer

I am glad these new breed of nutters are only successfull in blowing them selfs up(glasgow etc)

GreenDay

Sorry guys , but this nutter is from Plymouth , i know there is huge football rivalry and banter on these pages between us Devon clubs but i dont consider this comes under any category to be joked over . Just as well he didnt get the chance to carry out what he planned and got his own just deserves in the end .