• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bolton Wanderers discussion thread

tonykellowfan

He's only 26, still learning the game with his best years ahead of him.

Seems a good guy and has showed moments of talent but he's had as many bad games as good and I wouldn't be too bothered if he was released.
Last season at full back I was all for getting rid of him, but this season he has played almost all the time as a CB either in a 2 or 3 and looks much better.

I would definitely keep him.

i8cornwall

Under their "transfer embargo" Bolton signed, including loanees, 36 new players. But I'm sure the likes of Doyle, John, Sarcevic, Ricardo Santos, Isgrove, etc. play for fun not money.
We also had to get ride of players, you're also forgetting we had 7 senior players at the club in the summer.

Doyle and Sarcevic are on long contracts due to the embargo, John is on loan from Swansea so we're probably not paying him that much and Santos and Isgrove where free agents and on one year deals under the embargo rules and again I imagine not being paid loads.

Do you really think a club like us who have a suspended points deduction hanging over us for not playing games under the old owner would be stupid enough to provoke the EFL by breaking our embargo rules?

ecfc-boy

No Caprice ?
I like him but just think that’s a stronger side

ecfc-boy

For me Williams is better on a bad day than Willmott on a good day.
Bowman and Fisher at the same time means we lose. Start with Fish and switch with Bowman at half time if Fish isn't doing anything.
If Williams lost his pace he would be working at Mac Donald’s fisher hasn’t ever been given a fair chance putting crosses in all day to them we would score lots

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
If Williams lost his pace he would be working at Mac Donald’s fisher hasn’t ever been given a fair chance putting crosses in all day to them we would score lots
Are you saying a job at McD's is unworthy?

The funny thing is two teams at the top of Div 1 were really interested in signing Williams but apparently the deal fell through due to his agent.

Last edited:

jase 07

I like him but just think that’s a stronger side
Fair enough, I would be surprised if he is not on the bench though

Red Bill

Last season at full back I was all for getting rid of him, but this season he has played almost all the time as a CB either in a 2 or 3 and looks much better.

I would definitely keep him.
Exactly my feelings. He came to us as a CB, maybe it's time to stop trying to convert players away from the natural positions, because as a RB I wanted him gone, but this season as a CB I want to keep him.

ecfc-boy

Are you saying a job at McD's is unworthy?

The funny thing is two teams at the top of Div 1 were really interested in signing Williams but apparently the deal fell through due to his agent.
Average at best his conners are sh!t he can only beat a man if he runs passed him if not he just runs into him

Last edited:

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Average at best his conners are sh!t he can only beat a man if he runs passed him if not he just runs into him
You'd better tell those Div 1 / possibly Championship teams that.
His form has dipped but I suggest that is because of his long-term injury/recuperation and being distracted by the missed opportunity to leave in January.
I'm not making excuses for him and he should still be giving his all : City still paying his wages.
But you changed what I said a bit : I was comparing Williams to Willmott and also saying that imo Fisher/Bowman is not a good combination - should be one or the other.

ecfc-boy

You'd better tell those Div 1 / possibly Championship teams that.
His form has dipped but I suggest that is because of his long-term injury/recuperation and being distracted by the missed opportunity to leave in January.
I'm not making excuses for him and he should still be giving his all : City still paying his wages.
But you changed what I said a bit : I was comparing Williams to Willmott and also saying that imo Fisher/Bowman is not a good combination - should be one or the other.
They played pretty well in the last game fish frees up space for bowman. Willmott can put a decent delivery in Williams is 1 in9 at best