• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Blakey

morpheus

http://www.thisisexeter.co.uk/sport/Exeter-boss-Blake-helps-shape-stars-future/article-2358662-detail/article.html

Delighted to see Blakey in good form, doing well and still looking out for us. Quite enjoyed watching City when he was here, even if it wasn't one of our most successful periods, and think it was because he was a good bloke with a bit of the Stuart Pearce in him.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Enjoyed? Hooooooooooooooooooooooof ain't my thing, sorry.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
God I'm getting tired of the Echo's style of repeating an interview virtually verbatim.

Echo said:
Blake has found managing an England age level side a completely different kettle of fish to trying to keep Exeter City in the Football League
Then later
Blakey said:
"It is totally different to life with City in every way shape and form. It's about working to the best of your talents for your nation.

"It's a different type of challenge to a full season"
Or

Echo said:
Blake looks back fondly on his time at St James's Park and still looks out for their results every weekend.
Blakey said:
"I still look out for City's results because I have still got good friends down there.
The Tisdale article is littered with the same trait too, it's just tiring tbh.

Last edited:

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
They are good people and I know Paul Tisdale as we are doing our UEFA Pro Licence together at the moment
There's the England management duo for the 2022 World Cup in Australia.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Noel Blake alongside Steve Flack is the worse footballer ive seen as a City fan , oh and his teams played long ball crap football.

good luck youngsters.

wemissmoxey

Noel Blake alongside Steve Flack is the worse footballer ive seen as a City fan , oh and his teams played long ball crap football.

good luck youngsters.
Blakey was a very good defender in his day and decent when he first played for us, unfortunately his legs went.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Blakey was a very good defender in his day and decent when he first played for us, unfortunately his legs went.
crap IMO , Like i said.

morpheus

Enjoyed? Hooooooooooooooooooooooof ain't my thing, sorry.
Yep, the quality of the football was pretty poor and there were plenty of rubbish players, but it was the back to the wall spirit that I liked. You know, we're crap but at least we're fighting, that kind of football fan masochist thing.

Much prefer the football we play today, and suspect Blakey moved on from the hoof ball days as well.

And a top-class bus inspector....

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'de go with that. Saw him when he was at Portsmouth and he was a truly outstanding centre half. At that time I.M.O wouldn't have disgraced the England shirt.