• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Billy Jones

dazzah

Block 136 row 3 come on you mighty grecians.......
I see Billy went to Toddy's wedding last week alongside a few of the city players.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would like both players to come back. Woodards was class.

cityno1ledgend

i would welcome them back with open arms .

Always rated woodards high and jones did a good job at left back

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Both IMO would get in the current side...

It would also give Moxey more freedom to play wide left.

Number13

Wouldnt mind Billy back, aside from being at fault for a Morecambe goal at Wembley he always did well for us.

Woodards. No.

But between them they cost Crewe over £100k and they can release them!?!?!?! Amazing

first post

Really cant see us going "backwards" and signing either of them on really.

GrecianGav

As said signing back Billy would be very welcome as it would give Deano the opportunity to play the advanced role that he should be playing.

As for Woodards he obviously did a great job for us at Right Back but IF we re signed him then i think he would be a perfect Right Winger, He has the pace and skill to beat any defender and if he can put in a decent cross could be a revelation out wide.

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
I always though Woodards was class, was only about 14 or something at the time but he always stood out.

what i remember of him is good, but that was a while ago and things change, he may not have motivation etc, one thing is, if Tis is to sign him then he will see that the potential is there, would be good signings if we stay in league 2, if we go up i wouldnt think of signing them as they havnt proved themself at that level and have shipped goals

ECFC '72

Laughing at the people showing their true colours
Never rated either particularly highly, both had weaknesses and TBH I don't ever like the idea of going back, so it'd a be thanks for the wedge, but no, carry on, from me.

Sooner have Shaun Devine.

As for moving Moxey forward, we've got Murray to enable this. (Who I'd rate above Billy Jones frankly.)

Last edited: