• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Billy Jones Released by Crewe

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is Joe Heath not being looked at for this role?
He is, but he never scored against Grays. So no one wants to give him a chance.

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
Sorry on 2 counts here, Dave.

Firstly Scotty is likely to say 'I'm Off then - go and sign Billy No-mates'

Secondly, BJ ain't good enough for L1. and I suspect neither really for L2. Yes, he can hit a good pen, but that don't make him an ace defender. We have better here on our books already.

Please don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Bill and I will always appreciate him for his sterling efforts in the Old Red & White, but although he was a star for us in the Conf, I can't see him cutting the mustard in L1.
In which case Tel, let him. We did Golbourne a favour, he was getting no football at a club too big for him, we took him and played him and now he wants to allegedly hold us to ransom for his services? I'd rather have Billy, or better still, I'd rather Tisdale had an ace or two up his sleeve in the transfer market this time round, now we have a decent budget

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Has anyone considered the possibility that Crewe are releasing Jones because he is on L1 wages at a L2 club which didn't bounce straight back?

Of more concern to me is that he wasn't getting a place in the team there.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Billy did very well when with us... but is he good nuff now we will see i duno tbh but maybe as a back up..

He had a move to Dagenham and redbridge nearly go through so maybe theres a possiblility if him being there!

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
He's yesterdays man, forget him. There's gonna lots of players to choose from very shortly and Tis has surely done his homework with a number of possibilities pencilled in.

Pete Martin (CTID)

He's yesterdays man, forget him. There's gonna lots of players to choose from very shortly and Tis has surely done his homework with a number of possibilities pencilled in.
ΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛ
What he said, with knobs on.....

andrew p long

it seems only yesterday (well 3 years perhaps) that Billy Jones nailed down the ECFC left back spot keeping out some others who have since each been sold for loadsa money (see below!)

and it seems less than 3 years ago that Tis said 'I'm not going to sign a replacement.I'm going to give a chance to local youth products Dean Moxey and George Friend to claim the LB place '

What happened to them?Can we have them back too please?

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
If we could keep George and have Billy Jones as back up given Golbourne goes id be happy.

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
In which case Tel, let him. We did Golbourne a favour, he was getting no football at a club too big for him, we took him and played him and now he wants to allegedly hold us to ransom for his services? I'd rather have Billy, or better still, I'd rather Tisdale had an ace or two up his sleeve in the transfer market this time round, now we have a decent budget
Don't get me wrong - I'm not backing Scotty. If he wants out, then that's his prerogative. I don't think I'll miss him all that much. I just don't think Bills is the answer for a team which is trying to cement its place in L1, then aim for even higher things!

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't get me wrong - I'm not backing Scotty. If he wants out, then that's his prerogative. I don't think I'll miss him all that much. I just don't think Bills is the answer for a team which is trying to cement its place in L1, then aim for even higher things!
No point keeping someone that doesnt want to be here. Liked billy when he was here but would think we could do better. Maybe joe heath could be the answer