• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Biggest moment of the season?

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Enlightening stats on Ajose.We approximately got the same out of him as everyone else has since the Summer of 2016.Biggest moment of next season should be to bring in a new face for the player recruitment side of the business. Even if it means a reshuffle of the backroom staff.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
For me it was the late equaliser for Newport when we were 1 up with 9 men away.
the Randall injury looked at the time -and subsequently proved to be- the death knell for our promotion prospects.

However if that late equaliser at Newport had been kept out we would now be in the play offs

grecIAN Harris

the Randall injury looked at the time -and subsequently proved to be- the death knell for our promotion prospects.

However if that late equaliser at Newport had been kept out we would now be in the play offs
I don't think Joel Randell was the same player after the first injury never mind the second one. It was like he'd lost confidence, which you'd understand if his form had been poor but not over an injury, or he was scared of getting injured again. He appeared to be on the periphery of the game and only really wanted the ball when he was space. Before the injury he wanted it wherever and played with no fear.

PeteUSA

I lot of indifferent goalkeeping didnt help our cause. We were all delighted when Ward returned from injury, but it turned out he was only a shadow of the keeper he'd previously been. Maxted got the nod, and for me he made one poor decision after another! We were lucky to get Andresson, if only that had been sooner. I know he's all one footed, but he's been outstanding (barring one goal 10 days ago!) We really should try to sign him full-time, providing a bigger club hasnt been waiting to jump in!

IndoMike

*The signing of Ajose
*The Williams on/off transfer
"Williams' injury
*Gossip about Randall being transferred
*Randall's injury
*Bowman transfer rejected by club
*Nicky Law leaving
*Not bringing in players in January
*Signing a player carrying a serious injury based on potential and paying his salary for 8 months with no appearances
* Crap pitch
* No enthusiastic vibes coming from club about promotion prospects
* A lot of travel
* One or two soul destroying defeats

Some of these issues were out of the club's hands, some were Matt"s responsibility and some were the club's responsibility..

The negatives can be countered with
the continuing success of the academy, more funds coming in.from Ollie's transfer, the imminent improvement of the pitch, and the signings of the Iceman and Page, and a season that didn't peter out until the very end.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Signing Jökull. Our season would have been over weeks ago without him steadying the defence.

Banksy

Signing Jökull. Our season would have been over weeks ago without him steadying the defence.
Can’t see it but I wish we could start our team building with him.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can’t see it but I wish we could start our team building with him.
Yes I agree. Sadly I think we've seen the last of him, not that we actually got to see him.

ecfc-boy

Was happy with a draw far too much alway brought on like for like or negative subs.
And I think fish and bowman should of played a lot more.
Along with everything else that’s been said
But the main one by far was loosing Joel said it to my dad at the time we would be lucky to get in the play offs.

gilbertshoot

Losing Law. Absolute class and a great pro. Midfield was never the same.