• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Big Bank Stairway and Stairway.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Great organisation by the club yesterday but I did have some concerns regarding the size of the toilets and the staircase from the big bank. The staircase was absolutely rammed at half time with people trying to get to the toilets, smoking area and food bar and people trying to get back to the ground. There's always a bit of a crush but with the stand full the exit was just too narrow. I actually gave up trying to get down there and turned back (luckily I hadn't had my usual half gallon before the game!)

Not griping but we all know of tragedies that have occurred at matches through overcrowding and over enthusiasm, I hope the club will look into creating another outlet and perhaps larger toilet facilities for such occasions.

muppetdodger

I think this is in the development proposals

fred binneys head

I think this is in the development proposals
RW is currently interviewing a few different firms of aliens before appointing one to do the build.

Not certain though I seem to recall that in the new proposals the toilets and food facilities behind the Big Bank are all to be relocated to the stairwell leading into the Big Bank from Stadium Way.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
This is the main bit of the proposal which is difficult to judge. The new toilets are going to be where Grecian spirit says and the existing toilet block will be demolished to make space for the student build. I can't see how the new toilets are going to be any bigger than what we have now but hopefully they know what they are doing.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agreed, it was a real scrum down there.

Until it is redesigned, the stewards could form a dividing line so that half the stairs are up and half down - instead of just all standing in the far top corner by pole 1 chatting.

And do we still need a smoking area down there ??

chunkymorrinmunter

metal stairway, danger, slippery when wet.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Strange thing was, Sturtz, the gents were almost empty!

Metal railing to divide the stairs might work.

Avening Posse

Agreed, it was a real scrum down there.

Until it is redesigned, the stewards could form a dividing line so that half the stairs are up and half down - instead of just all standing in the far top corner by pole 1 chatting.

And do we still need a smoking area down there ??
Yes Red Paul, and it needs to be bigger :)

RichardYoung

Just a word of praise for the Exeter Chiefs stewards we'd obviously hired in for the night too, good friendly banter with the fans and appreciated that with a completely sold out Big Bank there would be times when people were in the "yellow area" on the steps rather than the usual humourless policing of this (and that when the terrace is normally much emptier!)