• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Better Atmosphere Than Wembley

GrecianArmy

Any one agree today was better than wembley, The Noise was much more concentrated and while it is conceeded there were some Part time fans there none complained like at wembley and most joind in the Singing.

Well done to everyone who was there im sure the players would agree it made a difference.

with the exception of Bournmouth, macclesfield and dagenham the atmosphere had been better at every away game this season than that horrible place designed for plastics and corporates.

Tony Wizzz

In the Flybe (not in a suit) and having a beer and
Horrible Stadium, but proud to be one of 2500 Grecians.

UTC[ecfc]

Heaver

i was listening to game on radio at my cricket ground and to be fair the atmosphere sounded pretty loud...

ianaplincorners

interesting one this, it really did depend on where you were sat.

I originally was sat in the middle of the crowd but when the game started I moved as everyone was standing and my 9 year old son couldn't see. Right in the middle the atmosphere was excellent.

I then moved to the front, he could see apart from the ass of a steward who I think was deliberately moving in my way all the time, also because of the running track you really couldn't tell where the ball was and couldn't see any lines at all, we then moved again to the back and out to the side, where the view was good, you could judge the ball but the atmosphere soon seemed to disappear. Sure it was still good but I'd imagine by the time it got to the other end it didn't seem any special as such, having said that I expect that it was probably the first time all season the other end had heard anything!

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ugly, squat, concrete pile, but the win or bust circumstances of the game gave it the same big match feeling as at Wembley.

Dubai Grecian

Totally agree, just imagine the noise had we been under cover. Firstly not many teams in the CCC, L1 or L2 would have taken many more than us to any away game last season and to then create the nosie and atmosphere we did in a "ground" that was as far away from a football ground as you can get was a major achievement.

Everyone who was there should be very proud for the part they played.

newburygrecian

I was away over to the right and to be honest we couldn't hear much. The applause sounded like it was at the golf. It looked like everyone was having great fun over there, but we needed a roof.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I was excited, ecstatic at Wembley. I was crying at the DVS.

Tony Wizzz

In the Flybe (not in a suit) and having a beer and
I was excited, ecstatic at Wembley. I was crying at the DVS.
Think thats only because you had to buy a round, at Faras:D

UTC[ecfc]