• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Best & Worst Christmas Presents.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Now with the festive season near i was wondering, What was the best and worst Christmas present you got, Either recently or when you were a child?

My best was a Scalextric set, Worst was a VHS tape of some charity concert with bands I'd never heard of.

Over to you....

Alistair20000

This was all the rage at one time

1702818965132.jpeg

Feckin’ dire

Alistair20000

Now with the festive season near i was wondering, What was the best and worst Christmas present you got, Either recently or when you were a child?

My best was a Scalextric set, Worst was a VHS tape of some charity concert with bands I'd never heard of.

Over to you....
I concur with Scalextric which my brother and I got as a shared Xmas present

1702819199246.jpeg

Rosencrantz

The funniest present was when my Great-Auntie Anne decided to branch out from the usual socks or gloves for my Grandad. She knew he loved trains and the railways so what better than getting a book called Trainspotting by someone called Irvine Welsh.

Grecian2K

Worst Christmas present? I'll reserve judgement until around 10pm (or even by half time) on Friday evening
Best Christmas present? Depends on whether the board and trust finally show some cojones re the management team.

Oldsmobile-88

A electric train set when I was 7.. Closely followed by a 10 speed racing bike that I was given when I was 11. I must have ridden that thousands of miles until I passed my driving test at 17. My first ride on it was from Exminster to Dawlish Warren on Boxing Day 1972..The A379 was a bit safer in those days !

Worst, not sure really.. I’ve had some naff clobber bought for me over the years.

iscalad

A electric train set when I was 7.. Closely followed by a 10 speed racing bike that I was given when I was 11. I must have ridden that thousands of miles until I passed my driving test at 17. My first ride on it was from Exminster to Dawlish Warren on Boxing Day 1972..The A379 was a bit safer in those days !

Worst, not sure really.. I’ve had some naff clobber bought for me over the years.
Seen you in it..🤣🤣

iscalad

For a secret Santa's I was given a toy that was given away with McDonald's kiddies meals.
The next year I got given a little AA road map of GB that was given away with a daily newspaper. I can't drive.

Oldsmobile-88

I recall being happy when I got a Johnny Seven multiple toy gun when I was 28 😎 Only kidding when I was 8, one Christmas.
Sat at the top of the stairs with that bad boy toy 😁

0B5AE73D-D8D9-4542-A643-81CD2DCA0F2B.jpeg

Reactions: DB9

DB9

I recall being happy when I got a Johnny Seven multiple toy gun when I was 28 😎 Only kidding when I was 8, one Christmas.
Sat at the top of the stairs with that bad boy toy 😁

View attachment 14020
As a lad of 8 you'd be well chuffed with that Olds.