• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

best match

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
away to lincoln after winning the division 4 title,what a day out and result that was. 5-0 i think cant remember to much as plenty of cider drunk that long weekend

yeh, quality one mate. I still can't remember how i got home and guess i never will!

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'll go for the Sunderland 2-2 draw in 89/90. Gutted not to have won, but so much excitement in one night.

Lincoln was 5-1 by the way. Gordon Hobson scored for them, I think, on his last game before joining us.. Sorry to go all PC on you, but, enjoyable as the day was, there was a fairly large shadow cast over it for me by the racist abuse shouted almost continuously at, I think, the Asian linesman. Lots of it too. You know the story. People you don't even recognise turning up for the big day and...well, ya know...

crocks

City 8 Barrow 1 - after going 1 nil down.

City 2 Southend 1 - 1990 (to confirm promotion)

ianaplincorners

Leicester away in FAC, jointly with Man Utd away and strangley enough that game at Oxford last season!

LOG

Although not a classic, i enjoyed the FA Cup game against Leyton Orient in 1993. A proper nail biter, if a little on the cold and damp side!

old and grey

away to spurs quarter final fa cup.We lost, but we really gave them one hell of a game, were not outclassed, and my biggest memory was john delve forcing glen hoddle who was tring to set up an attack, to finally pass back to his keeper.That i believe was the day Perryman started his love affair with ECFC!!

southamptongrecian

may 3rd 1977 away to Barnsley, 3-0 down at half time won 3-4, best part was when I tried to get on the pitch at the end of the game, a copper help me over the wall, recond it was the least he could do after that second half. never forgot that copper.

The mighty Grecian

Exeter V Doncaster Rovers in the Fa Cup few seasons back, it was good when we were 2-0 up but I just couldn't watch the whole thing once Donny pulled a goal back, True relief and Joy at final whistle it was awesome :)

Kassam, Nuff said :)

jonny

Got to be the 3-0 away win at Gargoyle in the early nineties for me, Great Stuff!

ianaplincorners

may 3rd 1977 away to Barnsley, 3-0 down at half time won 3-4, best part was when I tried to get on the pitch at the end of the game, a copper help me over the wall, recond it was the least he could do after that second half. never forgot that copper.
Hah! Class! You can just see that happening now can't you!! The bu--ers would have you on a charge now!!