• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Best ever come backs ?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Had this email from Lee Roberts yesterday, when I mentioned to him that Tuesdays game reminded me of that.

thats just what i thought,i played that night bobby saxton did throw the tea at half time and the teapot ,he left the room by saying we were a bunch of bottlers .johnny hore got us all listening to him, telling us we were to play with some pride. magic moment happened in that dressing room that night.went on to get promoted the following game at doncaster.maybe lightening does strike twice,hope so, come on boys.

Top man.
Thanks for that. Johnny Hore was always something special to the 1976/77 team.

Lee had come in at number 5 for the last half dozen or so games for Saxton. Not sure if that was because Saxton was injured or because he wanted to concentrate on getting the team promoted.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thanks for that. Johnny Hore was always something special to the 1976/77 team.

Lee had come in at number 5 for the last half dozen or so games for Saxton. Not sure if that was because Saxton was injured or because he wanted to concentrate on getting the team promoted.
Never forget the equaliser Lee got at Newcastle. Great player for us.

Oldsmobile-88

Hartlepool away on cold wet winters day. 2-0 down with ten minutes left, joined in the away end by Terry Cooper which increased the away support to about 60! Et voila 2 goals and mental celebrations, Dazza with the second I believe not sure if he scored the first as well?
I think it was Shaun Taylor..Two **** poor teams iirc & it came after the FAC exit at Bognor..That game i believe was Mel Gwinnet's last for the Grecians..When TC came onto the terrace,he said he had a new keeper lined up(Dave Walter) as well as saying 'i know this lot are crap'..:D..

Last edited:

SDRighton

Lee Mack asks the crowd to guess what his career had been before he started doing stand up. The usual replies of milkman, accountant etc are given, until a lone voice shouts out "Comedian!" Mack stops the show, looks stunned and proceeds to give the guy credit for such a good heckle, that he really had no response to that, sharp wit and so on, all the while taking his shirt off and walking towards the back of the stage. Finally, he turns round to reveal the Tshirt he was wearing underneath, bearing the slogan 'one w*nker always says comedian'

Surely the best ever comeback?

andrew p long

Never forget the equaliser Lee got at Newcastle. Great player for us.
nor the pullover he wore on local sports news that Monday evening,talking about the goal.