• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bertie

GrecianInWales

Quick word for Bertie at Leeds yesterday. Given that last season many fans would have probably paid for his petrol to his next club, he was magnificent - never stopped running, provided a great attacking outlet and really got in the faces of Leeds players.

Never thought I'd say this (and I'm a fan of Bertie's and have been for a while) but he didn't look out of place and was one of our best players.

At the moment I'd say he's one of the few automatic picks, along with Jones and Taylor.

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
At the moment I'd say he's one of the few automatic picks, along with Jones and Taylor.
Bet you a lady he don't start agin Norwich.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
always been a fan of berties. has earnt his place in the starting lineup through sheer hard work and patience and not throwing his toys out of the pram when he gets dropped

ECFC KARL

Never liked Bertie before until close to the end of last season when i realised he is actually a great midfielder with great performances also he will always give 100% effort

Last edited:

WillsC88

i too thought he played really well yesterday. maybe play him behind a front 2.....could be interesting

ECFC Nursey!

Very well known Exeweb poster
RIP to City's number nine. Sleep tight love
I was sat in front of some fans that slated bertie and stewart from the off - though Bertie had a good game tbh and he is making the effort. First game of the season yesterday against Leeds and a huge crowd for them
The lads did well yeaterday - I am proud of em. Support your team PLEASE

Pobbop

Yes, I liked Bertie originally, but became a bit disillusioned when he turned from a cultured footballer to a bit of a clogger, in my opinion. Maybe this was down to frustrations through injury and trying to contribute in some way whilst not quite at the races.

Yet I'm back on board the Bertie bus, at the end of last season he was great, and he was good yesterday. I think he'll get some goals if he carries on playing like this.

little kev

At the start of his first season, Bertie provided a great link between midfield and attack, but then when he was selected again, he seemed to play a lot deeper and was much less effective. I agree, he should be an automatic choice.
What good did it ever do to boo one of your own players ?

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
At the start of his first season, Bertie provided a great link between midfield and attack, but then when he was selected again, he seemed to play a lot deeper and was much less effective. I agree, he should be an automatic choice.
What good did it ever do to boo one of your own players ?
EXACTLY!!! im beginning to think some people enjoy slagging players off

Pobbop

EXACTLY!!! im beginning to think some people enjoy slagging players off
Beginning!?!? How long have you been going to City?

BTW I never booed Bertie, the only City player I think I've ever booed is Andy Woodman.....