• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ben Hamer

mole221

Nor me. As you say there are better players out there.......err who are they? By which I mean we're gonna have to pay the going rate for this superior keeper' plus his wages, and presumably prising him away from his current club wouldn't be a problem either.

Right, names please.

1/...............

2/...............
PFA Transfer list have Daryl Flavahan down as a free transfer, hasn't played this season, but was good last season. 32, so fairly experienced, could well work for a couple of years.

Owain fon williams, avaliable from Rochdale, he seems to be a fairly good goalie, aged 24, and has been heavily scouted in the past.

Alan Julian, 24, Gillingham Avaliable on a free transfer, looks to have left because Gillingham didn't make the playoffs.

Jan Sebek, Chelsea
I don't know a lot about him, but I have heard that he is a good solid goalie, still quite young though.

Last edited:

Phil Sayers

Very well known Exeweb poster
Apparently Conrad Logan was very impressive on loan at Rovers. Similar sort of signing to Hamer I guess - under contract with a club he is never likely to get into the side with so should be available for a reasonable fee or else on loan.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=38734

scottus86

Just seen him on telly, sat on the bench at wembley in a smart suit
Must be signing for someone in North London then.

Wellyred

I don't rate Hamer, deal with it.

This is a football forum, if you are not capable of dealing with opinions that differ from your own you should not log on.
It's not a matter of a difference of opinion you foul mouth tag nut. When someone disagrees with what you have to say you verbally abuse them!
Got much planned for the half term holiday?

Joshyd123

Apparently Conrad Logan was very impressive on loan at Rovers.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=38734
Impressive in the fact the amount of goals he let in led to Rovers getting relegated?

Last edited:

flaptotti

:S

For what ?

Hamer is dodgier than most Exeter based curry houses.
Have u watched him play? He is the best keeper we've had for a long time. Better than Artur anyway.
Also did anybody apart from me see him on the tv at wembley?

iscalad

Have u watched him play? He is the best keeper we've had for a long time. Better than Artur anyway.
Also did anybody apart from me see him on the tv at wembley?
Which year?

wemissmoxey

It's not a matter of a difference of opinion you foul mouth tag nut. When someone disagrees with what you have to say you verbally abuse them!
I generally don't actually.

I rarely abuse people on here however I do make exceptions for the likes of you and Anonypuss, i.e. buffoons.

Take care chum.

Last edited:

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
Got much planned for the half term holiday?
Gotta say Welly, that's well out of order.

Monkey Nuts may well be a WUM of the highest order, but I'm yet to see a post where he has abused anybody. I think you're confusing him with his sidekick, the beautiful Lady Jayne (though even he seems to have stopped).

Missy knows his football, often makes sense and more frequently, leads those less blessed with a sense of humour down the garden path.

Back on the subject of the OP, I saw Ben play once, we didn't concede a goal. The back line looked steadier, despite his obvious short comings. That speaks volumes for me.

Jonesy was a top lad, I hope he really pushes on and makes a great career for himself.

Artur, or the Dark Angel, has my greatest respect for showing up here and facing the music. For that alone, I hope he silences his critics in the next 12 months.

Last edited:

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nor me. As you say there are better players out there.......err who are they? By which I mean we're gonna have to pay the going rate for this superior keeper' plus his wages, and presumably prising him away from his current club wouldn't be a problem either.

Right, names please.

1/...............

2/...............

Hmmm, in the quest for this superior 'keeper, we so far have the following..

1) Daryl Flavahan 2) Owain fon Williams 3) Alan Julian. Free transfers one and all.

Then there's Jan Sebek, who nobody knows a great deal about, or whether we could actually sign him. (he might be ok though)

And finally Conrad Logan, who lets a lot of goals in.

No feedback as yet from the goalkeeping guru of old Arizony, or Missy who doesn't like Hamer, full stop, but as yet to name a plausible replacement.

Best stick with Hamer - if we get the chance.