• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Beautiful days this weekend

papillon

Any other Grecians going to Beautiful Days this weekend?

Looking forward to a wet Ciderfest!!!

CITY CASUAL

Was going geeze.But now i am not.But have a good weekend.

axred

My daughter is working there selling river cottages local produce at no doubt inflated prices , so if you see a 21 year old dumb looking blonde girls selling burgers say hi from her daddy

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is Joe Rebel doing a set this weelend???

papillon

Is Joe Rebel doing a set this weelend???
Yes he is on Sunday. Will be hooking up with him tomorrow for the set by the Alarm.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is one of those festivals i just don't "get". What's its target audience? very confused.

A377 Lad

Been about four times, nothing special.

Oldsmobile-88

Yes he is on Sunday. Will be hooking up with him tomorrow for the set by the Alarm.
I saw him in a van going out to Escot this morning...His straw hat was ready...It looked like The Alamaba 3, in the front of that vehicle!!

mole221

Got back earlier, and a bloody good weekend it was, saw a fair few city fans knocking about the place and made sure I wore my Archibald-Henville city shirt on the saturday.
Watched the levellers, Hobo Jones, Easystar Allstars, Neweton Faulkner and part of the wailers on the friday, and then headed to the teen tent that they had set up, and met and had a photo with Newton Faulkner.

Saturday was good too, saw a couple of the smaller bands, and set up a miniature 'City singing section' with another fan and his daughter for the wurzels and the alarm, and chanted Stannos name when the alarm dedicated a song to cancer sufferers, (mike peters has beaten the disease twice)

On the Sunday saw Fishermans friends, and had what could almost be described as a dance with a bloke carrying round a walking stick, saw citizen fish, adn finished the weekend with Kassidy, The Aggrolites, The Popes, Dervish, Stornoway, Billy Bragg, and the levellers, who were absolutely brilliant. So all in all, it was a weekend well spent.

angelic upstart

This is one of those festivals i just don't "get". What's its target audience? very confused.
It's target audience are normal people that like real music, not being ripped off by the corporate tripe you see at other festivals and the fact you can bring your own beer in to the stage areas. Oh and they clean all the toilets twice a day. It's about watching music and having fun with your mates.

Personally, it's great for me.

Most of the population wont understand this and will think that festivals need "target audiences" because they're f*cking clueless c*nts, or in the case of A377 lad, because he didn't see some w*nky RnB act mining or showing their knickers every ten seconds it "isn't special". It isn't supposed to be you plum, it's about music, friendship and a bit of binge.

Last edited: