• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

BBC planning new 'local based' football league show

pete_h

Could be quite good for more City coverage, although imagine that the South West section would include the lovely pair of Bristols as well.

BBC1 is launching a local Football League magazine show with different versions across England, and is inviting indie producers to pitch for three of the seven production contracts.

Late Kick Off (working title), will run once a week for 16 weeks from January and will exploit the BBC’s rights to the Coca Cola Championship and Leagues One and Two highlights.

The show will air across seven English regions: the North West; North East; Yorkshire; West and East Midlands; East; London and South East; and the combined South, West, and South West.

Indie producers in the North East, the East; and the South, West and South West of England are eligible to pitch for the business. The remaining four series will be produced in-house.

BBC controller of English regions David Holdsworth said: “We [will] create a magazine that will focus on the local teams that fans want to talk about. More than a highlights programme, we’ll be analysing the games, talking to the managers and the players and dissecting the moves.

Late Kick Off will build on The Football League Show which airs on BBC1 after Match Of The Day. It will be funded from efficiency savings in the English regions as part of a package of local programme funding approved by the BBC Trust last month.

greenawayr

Should be much better.

Kellows team, pitch up, we can get a fair and unbiased presentation of all things Exeter...and the other clubs!

Red Nose

With the SW lumped in with the 'West' and 'South' regions, you can expect the likes of Southampton, Swindon, Bournemouth and Cheltenham to be included as well.

ECFC '72

Laughing at the people showing their true colours
BBC increase ECFC's exposure ? Yeah, like that'll happen, if it's not the Green slime, they do not want to know. FACT !

Having to include other "South West" teams, won't exactly help our cause either.

Believe it when I see it.

Last edited:

radiogrecian

BBC increase ECFC's exposure ? Yeah, like that'll happen, if it's not the Green slime, they do not want to know. FACT !
Sorry mate - simply not true. FACT!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I wonder where this is geographically?

combined South, West, and South West
Will Southampton be in this area, and therefore I get Exeter in my local coverage, or am I in with London and the likes of Gillingham?

ECFC '72

Laughing at the people showing their true colours
sorry mate - simply not true. Fact!
.... :D ....

Stoopid smileys not working !

Last edited:

Boyo

I wonder where this is geographically?

Will Southampton be in this area, and therefore I get Exeter in my local coverage, or am I in with London and the likes of Gillingham?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7747697.stm

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Good, if this comes about. Any highlights more than 20 seconds will always be welcomed.

Grecian_In_Exile

Very well known Exeweb poster
Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Having to include other "South West" teams, won't exactly help our cause either.

Believe it when I see it.
I'm with ECFC '72 remember when we were consitently above the green slime in old div 3 for about 4 or 5 seasons; Argiggle were still always the 1st on; with most exposure time 'FACT!! can't see it changing either; even if Argiggle were to suffer 2 relegations; and we stay in league 1; another FACT!!

However if as looks like; we're in with South & West; and it's from Bristol; you don't have to be a rocket scientist to know which clubs will feature most do you; another FACT!!