• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Barry Ferguson and Allan McGregor

Stuart Storer's Tache

The pair of them are childish and stupid. Credit to Rangers who have made a brave decision in transfer listing the both of them.
I don't beleive they have been transfer listed, just banned for two weeks games/matches in which time Rangers don't have very tough matches. Although judging by last weekends performance every match appears tough.

Ferguson has been the best player Scotland has produced in the last decade and should have gone to a bigger club than Blackburn when he moved to England. Liverpool and Villa wanted him ( Wenger rated him too) but he went to Blackburn due to lure of Souness. As a boyhood Rangers fan of a similar age I can see why he did this. Due to time and some serious injuries he is no where near the player he was and it wouldn't surprise me if the club used this incident to try and get him off the wage bill in the summer. I'm not trying to defend his actions he has been incredibly stupid.

McGregor has been even more stupid and as a half decent keep (there aren't that many about these days) should get out of Glasgow to progress his career. At 27 he has time on his side.

The bottom line is Scottish football has shot itself in the foot again, and as usual I would imagine the usual paranoia, hidden aggendas, media witch-hunts, scapegoats and egos and conspiracy theories will be made apparent.

JamieEcfc

Two Rangers players who are an embarrassment to Scottish football.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Sorry I dont get whats happend some please explain?

nstphillips

Major overreaction by the Scottish F.A in my opinion, lifetime ban that is a complete joke! They were completely stupid, and deserve fines and some kind of international suspension, but a lifetime ban???

Euro 96, England squad, dentist chair, Gazza smashing t.v on plane, no fines or suspensions if I recall, then when Gazza scored the wonder goal against Scotland his goal celebration was a re-enactment of the Dentist chair incident. If you think about it, both incidents are relatively similar, but with very different outcomes. Potentially Gazza's satirised re-enactment could have been a major embarrasement to the F.A, but it passed without mention.

Mackster

I don't think they would have gone out on the **** or the sneaky v signs if Walter Smith had been manager. A manager at international level has to be a tough disciplinarian to be able to command a squad for a week at a time. Pampered footballers at this level need a manager who can turn your guts to jelly, compare Capello to McLaren. Burley is weak, and the players know it and he hasn't imposed his own will on the Scottish squad. I notice it was the Scottish FA that has imposed the ban and not a peep from Burley.

They are out on a limb at Rangers, because Walter told them to keep their heads down, instead the clowns were flicking the v's. He will keep them hanging on a string until they learn their lesson and come begging. A lifetime ban is over the top, maybe a year suspension would have been appropriate.

Mike Blackstone

Who is their right mind would even bother to sign anyone like these two? Steer well clear.

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
Major overreaction by the Scottish F.A in my opinion, lifetime ban that is a complete joke! They were completely stupid, and deserve fines and some kind of international suspension, but a lifetime ban???

Euro 96, England squad, dentist chair, Gazza smashing t.v on plane, no fines or suspensions if I recall, then when Gazza scored the wonder goal against Scotland his goal celebration was a re-enactment of the Dentist chair incident. If you think about it, both incidents are relatively similar, but with very different outcomes. Potentially Gazza's satirised re-enactment could have been a major embarrasement to the F.A, but it passed without mention.
If an ordinary employee did that in the workplace they would be sacked. The English FA have proved time and time again that they don't have any b*ll*cks.

The mighty Grecian

Apparently Barry Ferguson will never play for Rangers again, However Mcgregor was a substitute goalie in Ranger's last match

Andrew-ECFC

I am an ardent Rangers fan, and i am embarassed to have these two players in the team.

They both played for the reserves yesterday, and within 90 seconds of the game Ferguson was taken off injured and he is out for the rest of the season, i don't mind though, we have good back up. McGregor will really need to earn his place back in the team, but i doubt he will be able to with Neil Alexander in such brilliant form.