• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Barnsley vs Exeter match day thread

larrywilkie

I'm really looking forward to watching that 45 minutes on the ifollow full match replay. Think I'll skip the second half!
Worth watching the second half but for a completely different reason Andrew. Heroic defending, living on our nerves a lot but the other side to the match which kept us in front.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
We did well in the nonsense that is team of the week

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Saying about his touch there, did you see the one just before he hit the post against Rovers.

Colesman Ballz

"What a delicious finish" the commentator said, it certainly might be for the beneficiaries of certain food banks !

arthur

We did well in the nonsense that is team of the week

...and the manager :ROFLMAO:

Positive spin

Vince Harper physically is not the biggest of players and he does seem to be targeted by some opponents but he is adapting well to League 1 football.
Looking at the Barnsley fans forum some are very complementary about his performance yesterday. Before looking him up one thought he must be on loan to us from a Premiership club.

jimmy

I think it's worth taking into account some of the improvements we're seeing in some of our individual players, especially after yesterday's game. Cole within half a season is now one of the first names on the team sheet after playing in non-league last season. Diabate whilst always good has risen to another level (I would argue). Aitchison looks bleddy brilliant. Vinny looked so good yesterday and hopefully that continues. Also I remember Burton fans not having many nice things to say about Sinisalo, which is mental beacuse we all love him. I know it's easy to be super positive when we've had some decent results but clearly there's some good coaching going on behind the scenes to improve our players individually and as a team, which is vital for a smaller club like ourselves to punch above our weight and progress. Long may it continue.
Best post of the whole match day thread.

grecIAN Harris

Vince Harper physically is not the biggest of players and he does seem to be targeted by some opponents but he is adapting well to League 1 football.
Looking at the Barnsley fans forum some are very complementary about his performance yesterday. Before looking him up one thought he must be on loan to us from a Premiership club.
The commentary team on Radio Devon said that as far as they were concerned the jury was very much out on him but yesterday was a top drawer performance from Vinny.

Grecian Max

The commentary team on Radio Devon said that as far as they were concerned the jury was very much out on him but yesterday was a top drawer performance from Vinny.
He was excellent yesterday

He is so much better on the left, repeatedly using him on the right was detrimental to his game