• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Barcelona v Chelsea

Woodsy

Everyone seems to forget the first leg, when Barca had a stone wall penalty turned down and Ballack should of been sent off. I've got nothing against Chelsea but for the neutral i'm far happier to see Barca in the final rather then Chelsea who over the two legs tried to play zero football.

saxonlad

Everyone seems to forget the first leg, when Barca had a stone wall penalty turned down and Ballack should of been sent off. I've got nothing against Chelsea but for the neutral i'm far happier to see Barca in the final rather then Chelsea who over the two legs tried to play zero football.
Zero Football:S Explain please. A stone wall penalty?? It was no more stone wall than the decision against Drogba. Ballack sent off for what?
You, like everyone else seems to forget that Chelsea stopped Barcelona scoring which no other side has managed to do at Nou Camp all season!

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
You, like everyone else seems to forget that Chelsea stopped Barcelona scoring which no other side has managed to do at Nou Camp all season!
You seem to forget Barcelona played better football over the two legs, and therefore, the average neutral will want them to go through.

saxonlad

You seem to forget Barcelona played better football over the two legs, and therefore, the average neutral will want them to go through.
Did I say Chelsea played the better football?

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
Did I say Chelsea played the better football?
No, you didn't, however, you imply that anyone that thinks Chelsea deserved to go out, is in some way, anti Chelsea. Personally, I want the best team on the day to go through. Over the two legs, I believe that was Barcelona.

Mackster

To the victor, the spoils. I thought Barca were over-hyped one-trick ponies, who scored with their only shot on goal.

Anyway, not to worry Saxon you ahve this to look forward to:

saxonlad

No, you didn't, however, you imply that anyone that thinks Chelsea deserved to go out, is in some way, anti Chelsea. Personally, I want the best team on the day to go through. Over the two legs, I believe that was Barcelona.
Im not implying anyone is Anti-Chelsea but I honestly believe a lot of people on here are either closet Liverpool or Man Utd fans. I disagree about Barcelona being the better side over two legs. Chelsea did a job on them in Spain and got them rattled.Defending and stopping your opponent scoring is also a part of the game. We scored early at SB and in my opinion played in a way that contained them. Messi did nothing, fact. One shot on target in extra time says it all. By this time Drogba should have scored to make it 2-0 and the game was finished. TWO dead cert penalties would have been given on another day. I do however think the ref got the sending off wrong and Drogba's reactions at the end were over the top but still think the ref was crap. Be honest, if City missed out on promotion via play offs in similar circumstances how would you feel? Also, could you truthfully see this happening at OT or Anfield?

Woodsy

Zero Football:S Explain please. A stone wall penalty?? It was no more stone wall than the decision against Drogba. Ballack sent off for what?
I thought it was pretty much common knowledge among football pundits Ballack should of had to Yellows and therefore a red in the first leg. I don't think Drogba's penalty shout was one as he managed to defi Physics. Surely if someone pulls you shirt your body will move backwards yet somehow he fell flat on his face. And Chelsea did play zero football, there tactics where as about as clever as the Dog and Duck 4th team. If an Italian side had played like that everyone would be up in arms about negative football.

nstphillips

To the victor, the spoils. I thought Barca were over-hyped one-trick ponies, who scored with their only shot on goal.

lol, classic! The Champions League 3/4th place play off!

saxonlad

Mildly amusing;)