• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Barcelona v Chelsea

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
I cant believe the standard of the ref last night , shocking.

Poor so poor.

Chelsea deserved to go through , Barca despite all there ability to keep the ball created fa apart from the goal.

United if Barca open up will beat them comfortably.

ECFC TOM

Hey John Terry and co, what happened to the 'respect the ref' campain?

Tw*ts.

C'mon Barca.

Mackster

http://www.setanta.com/uk/Articles/Football/2009/05/07/Paddy-Power-on-Chelsea-refund/gnid-51798/
never heard of a bookie doing this. shows just how undeserved the result was
Clever marketing by Paddy Power.

They always do something like this to capture the headlines. Didn't they pay out on Stoke getting relegated in December?

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S

Tw*ts.

C'mon Barca.
John Terry was a model pro last night , he tried to drag Drogba and Ballack away countless times but they wouldnt have it , when Barca scored everyone else was down , he runs into the barca players gets the ball and belts it back to the halfway line.

I aint a massive fan of his and at times in the past he hasnt shown maturity but last night for me he was the real deal.

GrecianInWales

Assorted theories as to why Michael Ballack got so angry last night, collated by the genius that is Who Ate All the Pies

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/2009/05/top_8_michael_b.html

TimG

Tw*ts.

C'mon Barca.
I know they aer meant to be respecting the ref and if there had only been one or two cast iorn penalty claims then fair enough. But when a ref single handidly costs you a place in the champions league final then you are entitled to get annoyed.

Imagine if that was city in a semi of some form (playoff semi next year) And we were denyed 4 cast iorn penalties i think i would be one the pitch laying into the ref never mind what the players are doing

nstphillips

Out of the 4 penalty shouts, I thought the Pique handball was the only stone waller, and even those are only given 50% of the time.
Abidal's minimal shirt pull on Drogba after 25 mins would hardly ever be given (Drogbas reputation would decrease the chance even more)
Malouda blatantly dived for the Alves challenge, granted the ref gave a free kick when it was blatantly in the area, but it shouldn't have been given at all.
And the Ballack shot against Kelta was no way a penalty, Kelta had his back turned on the shot.
Any decent team would know you can't rely on penalties to win a game, and deep down Chelsea know this. They are understandably upset, they have just gone out of the champions league, but I do feel they are hiding behind these so called penalty decisions to hide the disgusting behaviour of a number of their players at full time.

Last edited:

ECFC KARL

Ballack and drogba should have been sent off for chelski and the whole team should be fined for not respecting the ref

flack-attack

For "professionals" to act in a manner that can only be compared to that of a child having his ball confiscated IMO was absolutely disgraceful. The referee may have been poor, but there is nothing they can do about it decisions go against teams all the time.

The nature in which Diveba, Ballack and JT acted in should be punished severely by UEFA, I also hope to see action taken against Fat Frank for his comments after the match. JT being the captain of his country (our country) should know better and I sincerely hope the FA take him to one side and give him a bollocking.

I wonder how many kids that are playing in their respective leagues this weekend that saw the actions of these "role models" try to copy their actions and think it's clever?

Again poor decisions - Yes. The way to act - No.

Last edited:

flack-attack

Abidal's minimal shirt pull on Drogba after 25 mins would hardly ever be given
The point I put to all the Chavski fans in the pub was the following:- " Why did he fall forward if his shirt was being pulled from behind?" :cool: