• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Barcelona v Arsenal

Very very well done to Exeter but as i wasn' t there and would rather chew off my own head than invest in Grecian Player given its apparent never ending problems i watched Barcelona absolutely destroy Arsenal. For anyone to dwell on the ridiculous sending off for Van Persie is to completely miss the point. Arsenal had an absurd stroke of luck with their goal so these things even out. Barcelona 19 attempts on goal, Arsenal - a fine side - none. This is a truly special team.

I'm also annoyed by the almost total failure of the Sky studio team not to drool over messis magnificent first goal - the speed of thought and control to dink the ball up for the volley was simply genius.

Phil Sayers

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm sure tomorrow's papers will be full of the shocking decision to send of Van Persie and Arsenal fans have every right to be angry about that one.......

BUT

.....if we are to dwell on decisions then it was a clear penalty for the late tackle on Messi in the first half, arguably another in the second half plus there should have been a second yellow for Clichy's (?) kick at Alves, Wiltshere might have walked late on and you would normally expect to see a second yellow for the foul that did give away a penalty.

Aside from all of that Barca were far and away the better side and on any kind of objective look at the game deserved to go through. I'm not normally one for hyperbole but I really think the only side in the world that comes close to them are Spain.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Best team in world football by a country mile...

and your spot on phil , the only team who would give them a game is spain , when i watched Barca beat Madrid 4-0 earlier this season id say thats the best football/team performance id ever seen ever by a long long way.