• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bad news

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don't do the Book of Face

Anyone know what the" full story" tells us ?
On the OS

https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2018/june/jmt-mk-dons/

Alistair20000

Release clause if we didn’t gain promotion. He’s enacted it.
Who at the club negotiated that ffs!
As Tisdale did everything assisted by Perryman............................

Last edited:

jimbo-gould

Release clause if we didn’t gain promotion. He’s enacted it.
Who at the club negotiated that ffs!
It isn't the worst close in the world if it meant we got an extra season out of him. Still very very frustrating.

andrew p long

A little birdie on here told me (no names,no packdrill) that JMT and Pym said they wanted to leave if we didn’t get promoted. I was then puzzled that their agents collected fees on presumably contract renewal. All is now explained re JMT.

Hopefully as Pym is only 23 we will still get a fee, but won’t in a year’s time,so may decide to cash in..oh no...

SDRighton

The key question for me here is who allowed that release clause in his contract, as they have basically been negligent. The clear probability was that we would not get promoted, so they were very much opening us up to this eventuality.

Tagg can therefore express his disappointment, but if he allowed that clause then the disappointment should rest with him.

IndoMike

Can anyone really be surprised? Poor little girl had her arrogant feelings hurt and her cushy number rattled. Some people were so naive about Tisdale and fell for all his bullsh*t . Of course he'll come back and nick our best players : another finger up to City.

Alistair20000

Thanks isca.

Do I detect a hint of annoyance and other emotions in Taggy's statement ?

Joshyd123

I'm disgusted that we have agreed to give our players a ridiculously contract clause like this.

I'm also disgusted that JMT has refused a new deal for his boyhood club, to no doubt continue as captain, be our highest paid player just to join the obnoxious one at the dirty Franchise club with no history. Disgraceful.

tavyred

If our entire business plan is based on the premise that we create our own players which we then sell on, then this situation is a total cluster ****!!!

manc grecian

Proper chap behaviour. Tagg probably hasn't got a clue who's got what clauses in their contracts. A release clause allowing him to join a team in a higher division would be fair enough but in the same division is stupid.

Kiss my plums Tisdale you biff.