• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Away games

abertom

Posted an idea on the ECFC supporters page and thought why not let a few fans or a family travel with the players to away games as a way of bringing the players and fans together and a chance to see behind the scenes?

This could be restricted to season ticket holders/trust members and/or families. Thought fans could maybe pay a certain amount say £10/£20 (refundable if not drawn out of the hat) deposit to enter a draw and then pay a larger amount if selected?

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Posted an idea on the ECFC supporters page and thought why not let a few fans or a family travel with the players to away games as a way of bringing the players and fans together and a chance to see behind the scenes?

This could be restricted to season ticket holders/trust members and/or families. Thought fans could maybe pay a certain amount say £10/£20 (refundable if not drawn out of the hat) deposit to enter a draw and then pay a larger amount if selected?
The ruling football "Triumvirate" d not even allow other Club or Trust Directors to travel with the team !

Back in 2003 I came up with the idea of the Trust Draw for seats in The Directors Box on matchdays, and even this took a considerable effort for the Trust BOS, to force through. Personally I believe the number of places should be increased, whenever possible, rather than Directors stuffing it with friends or using it as a tool to further their own business opportunities. After all the fans in the Trust are the majority share owners, and deserve to be accorded that recognition.

However as a former Sports Coach, I don't think that it would be acceptable to any Professional Sports Club to intrude on what is basically part of the Managers match preparation time on the outward journey, and potential for conflict exists on the return journey, should any individual, or even the team as a whole had "a stinker" and emotions are running high. There have been certain well known incidents involving the manager and players having words post match, and the Club tends to want to keep such events "in house".

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Do you really think the players and staff want some annoying, geeky fans putting their ideas and tactics to them on a 6 hour coach trip to Carlisle?

Terryhall

Do you really think fans want some annoying, arrogant footballers ruining their 6 hour trip to Carlisle?

(edit - tongue is firmly jammed in cheek here, before any goes taking this post literally)

Last edited:

LOG

The idea is quite warm, friendly and inclusive. The reality is that it would be a disaster waiting to happen.

StroudGrecian

I'd like to adopt Ollie Watkins for Grimsby away - he can accompany us on the 6-hour train journey from Stroud to Cleethorpes on the Friday afternoon.

Hope he an hold his drink mind, first cans opened at Cheltenham.

Last edited: