• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Away End Crush Today

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
That stand should not be in use ase it is uneven and dangerous, it also has a drop along the terracing and if the crush had moved towards this then a lot of people would have fallen and then you would have had problems.
As I understand it each ground is inspected fairly regularly and that end is no different to a number of other places in the lower leagues. I stood in that end when 9k odd were in the Park for our relegation out of the league and it was fine.

whitearmy

As I understand it each ground is inspected fairly regularly and that end is no different to a number of other places in the lower leagues. I stood in that end when 9k odd were in the Park for our relegation out of the league and it was fine.
So was you in that stand then when half the support was still trying to get in the ground at 3pm........I suspect you wasnt.

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
So was you in that stand then when half the support was still trying to get in the ground at 3pm........I suspect you wasnt.
There was a few thousand locked out, so it isn't entirely unlikely.

It was about 400 (8 coaches) that turned up about 15 minutes before kick off, I walked past the coaches myself as the were brought in. I found it odd at the time, and thought to myself How are they gonna get in, in time for kick off?

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Actually he probably was. Things were even more of a shambles then. If I recall correctly it was a late decision on the day to open the away end to home fans. The end result was that we had away fans in the corner near the OG and home fans on the rest of the terrace. I was a steward in the away end that day and we had great problems since we had away fans between the home fans and the toilets.

whitearmy

There was a few thousand locked out, so it isn't entirely unlikely.

It was about 400 (8 coaches) that turned up about 15 minutes before kick off, I walked past the coaches myself as the were brought in. I found it odd at the time, and thought to myself How are they gonna get in, in time for kick off?
And did you see the d*ckhead exeter fans who ran out the back off the wells pub singing turkey songs to the Leeds fans. Not a good welcome by your fans. However I think a few of them did receive a slap.

pete_h

However I think a few of them did receive a slap.

Oh that's good, glad you managed to sort out the situation in a mature and diplomatic manner.

Exeweb is normally very tolerant of 'other' fans coming into threads, but you clearly have an impressively low IQ and the common sense to match, so maybe you should just leave?

angelic upstart

I did indeed see them. I'm presuming they're the ones with the police with them outside?

angelic upstart

Oh that's good, glad you managed to sort out the situation in a mature and diplomatic manner.

Exeweb is normally very tolerant of 'other' fans coming into threads, but you clearly have an impressively low IQ and the common sense to match, so maybe you should just leave?
In fairness they were looking for trouble, the Exeter fans that is.

whitearmy

I did indeed see them. I'm presuming they're the ones with the police with them outside?
Yes......could have got out of hand that.....we are tolerate fans as many on here who met us in the pubs and trains would have found out but to be incited in that way was not a good idea.

angelic upstart

I think that's what they wanted.

Incidentally, I was stood next to a couple of Leeds in the BB, they were a couple, after the second goal, I looked at her and said "At least you didn't get wet". She was fuming, it made me laugh.