• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Away Days On Home?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Obviously not.
Just wondering if it had been forgotten.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
I look beyond the front page and don't get anal about forums.

That helps.

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just wondering if it had been forgotten.
Probably. I'll leave Steve a message in the staff room, but it could be a while.....

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Probably. I'll leave Steve a message in the staff room, but it could be a while.....
It's been awhile. Might help some people.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Is it a "no"?

StixUK

I always thought that all threads come up on the homepage, but it seems that only social club and WoWs seem to come up with the updates, which IMHO is a shame as when you scan the front page for something I want to see all threads, but must be a Mr Exeweb rule, probably due to bandwidth or some other teccy reason.

Last edited:

LOG

I really don't see why this is an issue. If you have managed to navigate the complex route to exeweb.com, then all you need to do is move and click the mouse button once more, yes, just once, and all is revealed in front of you.

StixUK

I really don't see why this is an issue. If you have managed to navigate the complex route to exeweb.com, then all you need to do is move and click the mouse button once more, yes, just once, and all is revealed in front of you.
Is it not a bit like promotional space in a retail store. You may have a deal on and leave it on a shelf by the side of the store, where only a %'age of people will see it, but once you bring it to the front of the store or end of an aisle the %'age of people viewing the promotion will inevitably increase.

The same will happen here if threads commented on are posted to the front page.

LOG

Is it not a bit like promotional space in a retail store. You may have a deal on and leave it on a shelf by the side of the store, where only a %'age of people will see it, but once you bring it to the front of the store or end of an aisle the %'age of people viewing the promotion will inevitably increase.

The same will happen here if threads commented on are posted to the front page.
Yes, there is no reason why the away days forum shouldn't show up on the front page, but i just can't believe how lazy/incapable/incompetent people can be, yet they still manage to make out it's someone elses fault (i'm not saying this is you).

The front page has 10 threads shown on it. If anyone only navigates the website using the threads shown there, then they're doing it all wrong, IMHO.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Yes, there is no reason why the away days forum shouldn't show up on the front page, but i just can't believe how lazy/incapable/incompetent people can be, yet they still manage to make out it's someone elses fault (i'm not saying this is you).
I think some people just stick to WoWs. I use "New Posts" to get what is new. Given how some information or questions is repeated on WoWs would suggest that readers don't go the extra click.