• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Avswer to your prayers

Boyo

What are you hazarding that guess on? A random figure plucked out of thin air?
Yes, as I said it was a “guess”, based very loosely on knowledge of how much the 1931 spend to fund a development player, rumours that Cureton tripled his wage to £4k per week at Orient and the assumption that Tis’ playing budget is c1.7m.

Lorimers Left Boot

Over reaction alert...I just pointed out that a lack of someone to score a few goals will lead to less points = smaller attendance = less money....
Exactly,also Paynter has 2yrs left and wont be in match day squad,Ken Bates is very shrewd would he keep him and get nothing for him or would he fund wages let him go on loan and maybe score goals then get a fee for him,like i say if you dont enquire youll never know,could be pleasantly surprised

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
Exactly,also Paynter has 2yrs left and wont be in match day squad,Ken Bates is very shrewd would he keep him and get nothing for him or would he fund wages let him go on loan and maybe score goals then get a fee for him,like i say if you dont enquire youll never know,could be pleasantly surprised
You'll soon learn Lori that lots of posters on here don't do sensible...

Mackster

A good call Lorimer. Proven at this level, if we could get him for the season and pay 50% of his wages it could be worthwhile for both clubs. We would hopefully stay up and prosper and Billy would be in the shop window again.

It's got to be better than signing duffers on short term loans who are patently unfit and will contribute nothing to our current situation.

Grecian_Jay

I would snap your balls off for Paynter but again probably out of our reach. Someone a bit more realistic would be Oli Johnson, released by Norwich, had a decent loan spell last year iirc and young and pacey. Unfortunately Tisdale would have never heard of him so it's a no goer.

Mark Wakeley

Good call Jay, but I am sure Tis must have noticed him at Yeovil?

Boyo

I love that people keep throwing names of players we should be signing into the hat and then seem exasperated that nothing happens. As I posted on another thread, in order to secure a loan player, the parent club need to agree to loan him to us, the player must be fit and can hit the ground running, he must want to relocate to Devon and we can afford his wages. That’s not to mention that we actually want someone who can play a bit.

If parent clubs are willing to part fund their player whilst he’s out on loan, then great, but that will obviously increase the amount of competition for him.

ECFC Music

I love that people keep throwing names of players we should be signing into the hat and then seem exasperated that nothing happens. As I posted on another thread, in order to secure a loan player, the parent club need to agree to loan him to us, the player must be fit and can hit the ground running, he must want to relocate to Devon and we can afford his wages. That’s not to mention that we actually want someone who can play a bit.

If parent clubs are willing to part fund their player whilst he’s out on loan, then great, but that will obviously increase the amount of competition for him.
Hooray some sense at last !

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
I would snap your balls off for Paynter but again probably out of our reach. Someone a bit more realistic would be Oli Johnson, released by Norwich, had a decent loan spell last year iirc and young and pacey. Unfortunately Tisdale would have never heard of him so it's a no goer.
Just finished a trial at league one side who declined to offer him anything, saw it on ssn yesterday but can't remember if it was scunthorpe or someone else.

A possibility.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just finished a trial at league one side who declined to offer him anything, saw it on ssn yesterday but can't remember if it was scunthorpe or someone else.

A possibility.
Fell down as Norwich wanted Scunny to pay all his wages, something we couldn't even think about.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/scunthorpe_utd/9588684.stm

Doubt if we could offer to pay more than £2k a week of his probable £5k.