• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Avswer to your prayers

Lorimers Left Boot

Hi all,have a soft spot for Exeter,think Tisdale is a good manager who could one day manage in the top flight.Ithink we have the answer to your striker problem before you say hes sh*t just remember McCormack is on fine form,Becchio is back from injury,Forssell has signed and Somma aint to far away from a return,a proven scorer who would get 20 a season for you at lge 1 level and Leeds are desperate to get him out on loan at least,BILLY PAYNTER,worth at least an enquiry

FAN-TATIC

Hi all,have a soft spot for Exeter,think Tisdale is a good manager who could one day manage in the top flight.Ithink we have the answer to your striker problem before you say hes sh*t just remember McCormack is on fine form,Becchio is back from injury,Forssell has signed and Somma aint to far away from a return,a proven scorer who would get 20 a season for you at lge 1 level and Leeds are desperate to get him out on loan at least,BILLY PAYNTER,worth at least an enquiry
We would only need to ask one question. What's his weekly wages? Whaaaaaaaaaat! How much? Thanks anyway.

Lorimers Left Boot

Its a well known fact that Ken Bates dont pay top wages,thats why we lost plyers and failed to get our transfer targets in the summer,i doubt Paynter is on much more if at all than Rowan Vine,Snodgrass Scotland international £6k week,Becchio established goalscorer £10k week,Gradel apparently trebled his money to £12k a week when he moved to St.Ettienne

Boyo

I’d hazard a guess that our average wage bill is no higher £750 per week. £6k per week may well be low wages in the Prem or in the Championship, and Paynter would indeed be a great signing, but his wages would bankrupt us!

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
I’d hazard a guess that our average wage bill is no higher £750 per week. £6k per week may well be low wages in the Prem or in the Championship, and Paynter would indeed be a great signing, but his wages would bankrupt us!
The lack of a player to score a goal or two may also send us down a slippery slope.......

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
The lack of a player to score a goal or two may also send us down a slippery slope.......
So lets throw a load of money at it Simples!!! Sod the fact it will send us over as long as we show ambition by spending money we dont have then its all good

ME16 Grecian

Backing Tisdale from the Garden of England
Paynter would be an exceptional signing but only if his wages were paid, at least in part, by Leeds.
Other than Paynter has anyone thought of going to Leicester City to enquire about Steve Howard?
Leicester don't need him, can afford to keep paying his wages, he's a menance in lg. 1 watched him several times for the foxes whilst at Uni there, scores goals and could invaluable at corners (at both ends)????

Just a thought but we need someone, and fast!

Strongbow

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’d hazard a guess that our average wage bill is no higher £750 per week.
What are you hazarding that guess on? A random figure plucked out of thin air?

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
So lets throw a load of money at it Simples!!! Sod the fact it will send us over as long as we show ambition by spending money we dont have then its all good
Over reaction alert...I just pointed out that a lack of someone to score a few goals will lead to less points = smaller attendance = less money....

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’d hazard a guess that our average wage bill is no higher £750 per week.
Maybe, if you include the youth players. I'd guess about double that for the first team squad, plus oncosts (NI etc) of +/- 20%