• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Avram Grant

brayford grecian

I don't understand why there is so much hatred towards AG. I think he did wonders at Chelsea, he took JM's team and managed to turn Chelsea's season around within touching distance of winning three trophies. Lost the CC final to Spurs was a low point for sure. But they lost away to Spurs under JM anyway. He was one kick away from winning the Champions league (which is what every Chelsea fan I know wants most) and was within 2 points of the Premiership. I think he was a great manager

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Mourinho created his own mythology and trophies speak for themselves. However, he left the club broken into factions among the players and Grant went some way to healing those divisions. The position they were in when JM left was well down the table and Grant's results were excellent in fact. However, because the expectations have now become so high at Chelsea, only a 'big reputation' manager can do the job and survive the amount of pressure that there is. Scolari's lack of English meant that he couldn't be the sort of manager he'd been in the past, very close to his players. Hiddink may fare better, and he is certainly one of the most tactically aware coaches in the game. It's a very difficult job, where certain players just don't seem to gel with others.

Last edited:

finetime

Things went wrong when Abramovich stuck his oar in and signed 'superstar' players like Ballack and Shevchenko. Mourinho didn't want them and things went downhill from there. Having said that though, it was Mourinho who signed dross like Kalou and Malouda. The squad was in decline when he left and Grant did an admirable job last season IMO.

Scolari hasn't had much money to spend but he's made poor, poor decisions. Bringing in an ageing Deco and putting his faith in him and Malouda was a big mistake. Not sorting Drogba out, tactical inflexibility, letting Steve Clarke go etc etc..

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Managed his last game for the 'ammers ?

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
He was one kick away from winning the Champions league
He was actually 8 inches away!..

I think Grant's a good manager. A quiet, sincere chap. He's been treated appallingly at WH and the two d*ckheads who own the club should be ashamed of themselves for making Avram's future a soap opera. Keep him or sack him. Just treat the man with the respect and dignity he deserves

Last edited:

Well-known Exeweb poster
People talk about him inheriting Mayhem at Chelsea, well from from what I recall Grant started it, Mourinho CATEGORICALLY stated he didnt want grant there and seemed to instinctively mistrust the guy. So eventually mourio boy gets fed up with it, him and chelsea seperate, and grant gets his job and takes a multi trophy winning, amazingly strong squad and wins exactly what?. Finally abro boy gets rid and grant walks into the backroom of a chaoticly financed yet blessed with the remainders of ari boys glittering squad at Portsmouth and what happens next, oh yeah he replaces the manager!! suprise suprise. Next up A genuine challenge at a club with a struggling squad and what does he do?
Ive worked with guys like grant, talentless slimy motherf*ckers, who creep into the bosses pockets will constantly snipe and undermine whoever and what ever gets in there way until they get what they want. As you can tell Ive no time for the guy. Can I politely suggest that he f*cks of bac to Isreal, which ive no doubt he will do, unfortunately with several million pounds of ,i.m.o undeserved and unearned english football revenue in his back pocket

Last edited:

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
People talk about him inheriting Mayhem at Chelsea, well from from what I recall Grant started it, Mourinho CATEGORICALLY stated he didnt want grant there and seemed to instinctively mistrust the guy. So eventually mourio boy gets fed up with it, him and chelsea seperate, and grant gets his job and takes a multi trophy winning, amazingly strong squad and wins exactly what?. Finally abro boy gets rid and grant walks into the backroom of a chaoticly financed yet blessed with the remainders of ari boys glittering squad at Portsmouth and what happens next, oh yeah he replaces the manager!! suprise suprise. Next up A genuine challenge at a club with a struggling squad and what does he do?
Ive worked with guys like grant, talentless slimy motherf*ckers, who creep into the bosses pockets will constantly snipe and undermine whoever and what ever gets in there way until they get what they want. As you can tell Ive no time for the guy. Can I politely suggest that he f*cks of bac to Isreal, which ive no doubt he will do, unfortunately with several million pounds of ,i.m.o undeserved and unearned english football revenue in his back pocket
I must say my opinions about Grant have completely changed since he was given real managerial jobs and the above about sums him up for me. His decisions at West Ham have been very poor and he has got very little spirit out of the squad, although quality is obviously lacking. The only redeeming feature of his work at Upton Park has been the development of Freddie Sears who looks better every game but Grant has had his chance. The way he dealt with the media yesterday was pathetic, a major sulk from someone that seems to believe they've been unfairly treated but I've no idea why.

Very interesting choice for Martin O'Neill. it'll be no easy job keeping them up now and there is probably an agreement that he'll stay with them if they go down which wouldn't surprise me actually.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
So it won't be Martin O'Neil who seems angered about the way West Ham have gone about this.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/9364690.stm

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
So having told Avram Grant that he is not up to the job, they ask him to continue as manager. I don't get it!

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
So having told Avram Grant that he is not up to the job, they ask him to continue as manager. I don't get it!
Sullivan, Gold, Brady, three complete c*nts, simples.