• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

average wage for our squad

Kingsman

There are a number of things to remember:
If contracts are renewed agents negotiate increase in wages, so longer the player stays the higher the wages.
I would expect all players to have bonuses built into their contract - in the team, goals scored, position in league, crowd numbers etc etc, so they could easily boost their pay packet by £200 - £300 per week.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Marcus Stewart our highest earner by far? Christ! No wonder he wants to go on playing as long as he can, when theres dopey buggers like us prepared to accomodate him, for 45 minutes every so often!

And I hope we're not paying the reported 2,000 a week to Fleetwood either. Let somebody else pick up half the tab of the reported 4,000 a week that Charlton shelled out! They should have done their homework.

ECFC '72

Laughing at the people showing their true colours
They should have done their homework.
I suggest you need to do yours as well.

BTW, when did you last see Stewart's overall contribution to the cause ? He might be knocking on, and yes, his legs have gone, but he still adds much to our play, and we'd be really in the sh*t without him. He does many little things during a game that none of the other boys are yet capable of. Whether Exewebs finest like him or not, he more often than not, adds much needed quality to our game. (He is also allowed an off day, just like the rest of the human race.)

That said, I'd prefer we accommodate him behind the front lads, or on the side of midfield, but as midfield is lacking anyway and the real problem area, I can understand the thinking of chucking him up top.

Poultice

I wonder how much everyone on Exeweb earns?
Well I certainly don't "earn" very much.

I am more of a Fleets kinda guy, showed a bit of promise at a low level, nicked a decent deal, then pulled a bit of a left turn to somewhere I didn't really want to be but what the hell, give a couple of interviews telling the saps how much I love them and then sit back on half wages knowing the fruits of previous labours are keeping the bank balance nice and steady.

Last edited:

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wonder how much everyone on Exeweb earns?
As a Banker, I can confirm that my bonus is being used to buy the stadium rights up in toon town ... to state "the Real SJP is in Exeter" .... still more catchy than the Floors 2 Go Stadium (Walsall) !!

Shortround

I suggest you need to do yours as well.

BTW, when did you last see Stewart's overall contribution to the cause ? He might be knocking on, and yes, his legs have gone, but he still adds much to our play, and we'd be really in the sh*t without him. He does many little things during a game that none of the other boys are yet capable of. Whether Exewebs finest like him or not, he more often than not, adds much needed quality to our game. (He is also allowed an off day, just like the rest of the human race.)

That said, I'd prefer we accommodate him behind the front lads, or on the side of midfield, but as midfield is lacking anyway and the real problem area, I can understand the thinking of chucking him up top.
I agree mate, Stewart does alot of good things during matches, things that some on here obivousley(?) dont see, but like others in our team he does have off days.
Also Stewart has the most assists this season!

PeteUSA

I agree mate, Stewart does alot of good things during matches, things that some on here obivousley(?) dont see, but like others in our team he does have off days.

Also Stewart has the most assists this season!
Okay, I've been waiting for over a day now to get some clarification over what you mean by Stewart having "the most assists this season".

Since you are using a blatent americanism with that word, can you enlighten me as to where that has anything to do with british football? Does it mean that he completed a succesfull pass (which is what he's paid to do!) whereby the recipient scored a goal? Does it mean a succesfull final touch by a team colleague before the final touch is converted into a goal? Is that an assist?

What constitutes an "assist" in british football, because I'm buggered if I know. Quite frankly I dont see any place in british football for that phrase, but what do I know?

angelic upstart

Jesus wept. I often think you're a class wind up merchant. Then sometimes i realise you're actually just really thick.

PeteUSA

Jesus wept. I often think you're a class wind up merchant. Then sometimes i realise you're actually just really thick.
Thank you for those few kind words AE!

True, I am a class wind up merchant, but can you tell me where the term "assists" fits anywhere in british football? It is, and always will be an american phrase (like you didnt know!) Is an assist a term used for a pinpoint cross from a winger, who gets accredited with an assist if the player he passed to scores?

I seriously dont know, but if it means what I said, above, the usage of the term in british football is farcical. Players are paid to pass acurately!

wemissmoxey

an assist generally defines the last pass for a goal, i.e. the player who crosses the ball for another player to head, volley, tap in etc etc