• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Average ex-players who would improve this team

kuznetsov

Correct, I was there too, my first derby. I was in the middle bit and ran down to the fence when we scored our 2nd. Bloody brilliant.

And yes, after the game we were pelted with stones and half bricks from the back of the stand and had to be led out of the Lyndhurst into the main car park. Loved every minute of it.
I think we drew down there in a cup match a bit before. 1-1 draw - Andy Cook scored. That was just a taster for the league game. We battered them that day and they hated every minute. I think we got kept back almost an hour and roared out the songs as we processed through the Lyndhurst. Still gives me goosebumps.

Mid Devon Grecian

Jason Rees - Welsh ankle biter with plenty of attitude

JGrecian23

I'd have Geoff Breslan instead of any of our current midfield. That may be more to do with an old Champ Man game than his actual ability though!

Actually whilst in that thought process, Glenn Cronin would do a job!

Radio Free Skaro

Graham Cheeseman

Majago

Thought Chris Fry was fantastic. I was so p*ssed off when he was released that I wrote a stroppy letter to Peter Fox.

Foxy summoned me to a meeting with him out at the C&F. We had a frank exchange of views but to be fair to him he listened to my moaning but gave as good as he got. Cited something about budget constraints and felt Fry was a bit of a luxury player. We agreed to disagree and parted on good terms!
Great anecdote! This is the sort of content that keeps me coming back to Exeweb 🤩

tom_ecfc

Amankwaah at right back.

Mid Devon Grecian

Great anecdote! This is the sort of content that keeps me coming back to Exeweb 🤩
I was sh*t scared Noel Blake was going to be there, thankfully no sign of the big man.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I was sh*t scared Noel Blake was going to be there, thankfully no sign of the big man.
If Foxy was wearing keeper's gloves and there was an aroma of Deep Heat wafting about in the air I'd have taken to my toes and been out of there sharpish, never mind Blakey ! :p

Jason

I think we drew down there in a cup match a bit before. 1-1 draw - Andy Cook scored. That was just a taster for the league game. We battered them that day and they hated every minute. I think we got kept back almost an hour and roared out the songs as we processed through the Lyndhurst. Still gives me goosebumps.
Yep, I remember us singing about going to Wembley, as we'd reached the Autoglass Trophy area final IIRC. Police with dogs to drive the Argyle fans out of the Lyndhurst stand to give us safe passage eventually 😄 Argyle fans running at the fence in front of the away end and being dragged away by stewards or police....memories!

I only saw my first Exeter match at the start of 92 so after seeing us complete a double (5-0 on aggregate), not much more than a year later, I thought beating Plymouth was fairly routine. RIP Bally, not many City managers achieved the double over them.

Stelios

As there’s a bit of Chris Fry chat any excuse to post this (if only for the lead guitar solo on the intro music :love:) and THAT Steve Flack goal. In fact lots of players mentioned in this thread seem to be playing

25 years ago(!) now WTF :oops: