• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Average attendances

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
My memory is really straining now, but I seem to remember we got a grant for the Cowshed works, and one of our former Directors ended up getting banned from football for a year or so due to some misrepresentation of costs associated with those works.
Yes,that rings a bell...Most clubs used to inflate the cost of ground improvement work & claim it back from FGIT(Football Ground Improvement Trust)..The Grecians got caught out when a disgruntled former director blew the whistle & the chairman Ivor Doble carried the can..

I remember my Membership card, Mrs Thatcher's farcical attempt to stop hooliganism. Was either 87-88 or the season after that. As I recall I think they were needed for the Cowshed but not for the Big Bank. I remember borrowing a friend's card to get in despite him looking nothing like me. Funnily enough, the scheme didn't last long.