• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Automobiles : Good,Bad & the Ugly.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Dab of oppo would have sorted that and seen you drifting like a hero. Bonus points if your bird was with you and you calmly smiled at her and said ‘meant to to that’ finishing off with a knowing wink. She’d have been eating out of your hand.
The one time I lost the back end on standing water coming down the A361 I managed to catch it with a bit of opposite lock. It probably only was half a second of action but I was very happy that I instinctively corrected with the right amount of steering input. I could then start to think about getting my own back end settled back down 😉

Oldsmobile-88

DCC at one time ran a Safety Course for skid control at West Point.. A couple of hours & £40 well invested.

Reminds me of this..

Reactions: DB9

Alistair20000

The one time I lost the back end on standing water coming down the A361 I managed to catch it with a bit of opposite lock. It probably only was half a second of action but I was very happy that I instinctively corrected with the right amount of steering input. I could then start to think about getting my own back end settled back down 😉
Ooh err missus :eek:

OmanGrecian

Following my write off I have now picked up my new car. Will try not to write this one off 😬

70C2CC11-FF02-402B-B9E4-6EB481778787.jpeg

Stelios

Following my write off I have now picked up my new car. Will try not to write this one off 😬

View attachment 15288
How much is the insurance 😬

OmanGrecian

How much is the insurance 😬
Didn’t cost me anything extra and they reinstated the policy I was on before

Oldsmobile-88

That little job on a car that turns into a scene from
Bean(1997) The painting scenario.
Just caught the bottom of the door moulding on a high curb, loosening it very slightly, easy to sort that out. Wrong ! 2 hours later sorted, just that the adhesive I used dripped on the cill, wiped it now that’s a mess ffs. Off to B & Q now to get some white spirit or preferably meths to get it off..No doubt end up with a re-spray the way things are going !

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
DCC at one time ran a Safety Course for skid control at West Point.. A couple of hours & £40 well invested.

Reminds me of this..

My dear old Mum actually drove the bus they used in the series of On the Buses at one of the open days for London Transport.

Whoever voted the new Kia EV9 as car of the year needs a word with themselves , was it designed by a 5 yr old ? That is one ugly looking car !

grecIAN Harris

My dear old Mum actually drove the bus they used in the series of On the Buses at one of the open days for London Transport.

Whoever voted the new Kia EV9 as car of the year needs a word with themselves , was it designed by a 5 yr old ? That is one ugly looking car !
Ugly looking box. I'm not sure who makes it as I've only seen it in passing but somebody is making a car that looks like the back end of Saab set for rallycross, it has a massive rear spoiler, but looks like a faceless electric box from the front.

Oldsmobile-88

It reminds me of the short lived Nissan Cube.