• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Automobiles : Good,Bad & the Ugly.

OmanGrecian

A surprise on a dreadful day yesterday, I had to take my good lady to A & E in Cardiff after she had a horrendous fall down a flight of stairs(5 breaks on her fore arm ! This could be on the frigging dire thread)
Parking was FREE at the hospital(4 hour limit that could be extended for a additional 2 hours with registration at reception)
All the best to your good lady Olds

OmanGrecian

My dad was showing me pics of his old Ferrari 72 in the 70s. This was before they became big business. His biggest regret is selling the car prior to them blowing up in price. Would be worth a fortune today. Even the number plate would be valuable.

CDB3DDAF-88CE-4D73-ACEA-5983CDC1C42B.jpeg

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Found a couple of pics of my old MK1 and the family car a MK2 Zodiac

Attachments

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nice v8IMG_20211024_141007_856.jpg

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Useful tip on road information signs near Clyst St. Mary today, which I thought I'd pass on to other Exewebbers: "Is your car winter ready?"

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Useful tip on road information signs near Clyst St. Mary today, which I thought I'd pass on to other Exewebbers: "Is your car winter ready?"
Reminds me of the time Winter tyres were available to be fitted on my work van in March 😁
There were none in stock for the entire fleet in November. Great planning ! that’s what happens when vehicle maintenance is outsourced to the cheapest contract.

Rosencrantz

It probably just means that Aaron Winter is scouting around the Cat & Fiddle and might need a lift back to the airport when finished.

DB9

Does anyone remember this from 1982? A look back at 20 years of the Ford Cortina.

Oldsmobile-88

Does anyone remember this from 1982? A look back at 20 years of the Ford Cortina.

Yes...Iirc it featured the song Grey Cortina by Tom Robinson Band.

They were good cars for the era, easy to work on, a lovely smooth manual gearbox. The back end on a MK III was prone to slide if you threw it into a corner(the Capri was the same) Great fun 😁

Down side was they tended to be rust buckets.

Reactions: DB9