• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ashamed to be a Grecian

richards

Another embarassing cup defeat yes, but no reason to be ashamed of a club that has turned around its fortunes on and off the pitch in recent years ! Three 'shocks' over the weekend and we were one of them. I don't know what others think but I'd rather be a league club on the wrong end of a shock instead of a non-league club causing one !.Lets be ashamed of so called fans giving the club a bad reputation, not of players having an off day !

Plenty of spare time now for Tis and the players to concentrate on the League and promotion etc.........

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
This orgy of self imposed pain has surely gone on long enough. We lost to a non league team and we shouldn't have done, it's happened before and it will happen again. PT is an intelligent guy he will suspect that the players were not in the right mindset to play this game. Perhaps, they were overconfident or perhaps they just met a team playing out of it's skin on the day. Either way, it's a result that shouldn't have happened but it did. PT will also know that it's his job to ensure that the players are in the right mindset and I suspect this will cause him some concern as it indicates a lack of focus on behalf of the players.

PT might also reflect on whether wearing his his cravat to a non league club ground in a deprived part of Manchester was his greatest decision. A uniform of kick, ******* and bite tracksuit and muddy boots might have set a better tone for this game. Personally, I don't give a t*ss what he wears but sometimes you have to pick the right games to reveal your sartorial genius and this clearly wasn't one of them.

Last edited:

Gozzer

PT might also reflect on whether wearing his his cravat to a non league club ground in a deprived part of Manchester was his greatest decision. A uniform of kick, ******* and bite tracksuit and muddy boots might have set a better tone for this game. Personally, I don't give a t*ss what he wears but sometimes you have to pick the right games to reveal your sartorial genius and this clearly wasn't one of them.
I suspect that Tis might have been intending to wear his 'lucky' cravat for the length of the Cup run. He did, anyway.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Without doubt 100 % ashamed , disater of a result , complete embarrasment IMO.

Still cant belive it tbh.

angelic upstart

Disappointed yes, undoubtedly.

Ashamed, never.

Up the City

MrMusical25

i agree i could never be ashamed of the mighty city
how could you?
i am disapointed but never ashamed!!

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Just no excuses.

Its a bitter disapointment & the shock IMO will take some time to get over.

I hope Tiz blasts them all , thats just not good enough.

tonykellowfan

"a·shamed (ə-shāmd') Pronunciation Key adj.

1) Feeling shame or guilt.
2) Feeling inferior, inadequate, or embarrassed.
3) Reluctant through fear of humiliation or shame."

Can't argue with that.

Oli

Can I suggest that everyone is taking this a little too seriously?

Cider

...and everyone is disappointed. What do you want, though?

A Daily Mail style witch hunt that leads to Tisdale being suspended and, I dunno, Gilly being sacked!?

Personally, I am sure that everyone involved feels equally disappointed and they may well feel ashamed of their performance, but now we HAVE to learn lessons and then move on to make sure we don't suffer a hangover come Saturday at Aldershot.
Calm down! I'm sure the Daily Mail are too busy picking on someone else. I'm sure the players themselves are pi**ed off at losing and it's only them who can learn from this and move on. It makes absolutely no difference what you or I say, they wear the boots and kick the ball. Never once suggested a 'witch hunt.' This is a football forum after all. Just a little concerned after reading some of the posts from those who were at the match who describe complacency and a poor work ethic. Definitely not the end of the world, our start in League has been great and I think PT and the players have done really well to date. I think the FA Cup is one of the best club competitions around and ironically in some ways City losing to Curzon embodies everything I love about the cup. I'm sure there won't be any 'hangover' the players won't allow it.