• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

As a Mark of Respect...

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Following the tragic recent benefit cuts and as an acknowledgement of the people of Plymouth's difficulties with life in general Exeter fans will put aside historical animosities and join Plymouth fans in the rendition of their own national anthem "There's a Hole in my Bucket"

Songsheets will be provided.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Songsheets will be provided.
There hangs a problem. Will the songsheets be in normal English or will have to use the phonetic kind as used by the locals?

STURTZ

Let's face it printed literature would be useless to our green chums, perhaps a short instructional video on how to make paper planes would be of more benefit.

As an aside, Smeaton's tower is to be painted green and white for the occasion whilst there will be a Cornish flag projected onto the façade of Exeter's magnificent cathedral.

IJN

Typical. Disgusting using recent events as the basis for such a post.

STURTZ

Thus spake The Archbishop of Pork. Lord of the Moral High Ground and Moderator of all things Offensive and Evil. We all bow to your innate sense of decency sir.

I might add honesty but that would be stretching it a bit eh?

Grecian2K

I'm actually with the Archbishop on this one Sturtz.

I don't feel that the prospect of an entire Janneration being thrown into abject poverty a suitable subject for humour (although, the be fair, the benefit cuts haven't actually been quantified for sure yet.)

Last edited:

Spoonz Red E

I wouldn't say it's disgusting.

'Je suis Charlie' and all that.

Charlie Hebdo mocked the 'show of solidarity' by world leaders days after suffering their own tragedy.
Sturtz is drawing a parallel to the responses to last week's appalling act and I think there is room for satire in that.

Of course, my Corbynite streak means I wouldn't necessarily sing myself.

I respect the bucket but as a secularist will not join in with assertions of holiness attributed to it.

STURTZ

It's the po faced hypocrisy I object to G2K.

Firstly I do sincerely feel for the French and their struggle is our definitely our struggle.

But as for the Wembley thing, billed as an expression of our sympathy with the French by the media, compared as "Similar to the singing of the French national anthem in Casablanca." BEFORE it even happened. Yeah the stadium was spontaneously lighted up as the French flag, yeah song sheets were spontaneously printed in all the national newspapers, tricolours were spontaneously sold outside the ground, what a wonderful display of spontaneous solidarity!

The whole thing was a stage managed farce which, amazingly the England supporters played a long with a bit, I mean grunting along to La Marseillaise was a major coup and demonstrated genuine caring for the world situation didn't it. The question I want answered is why didn't we let the French win? Surely that would have put the icing on the cake in the caring stakes?

I fully expected Porkie to be genuinely being taken it in by it all, he always goes overboard on media driven ********. To try and accuse someone of being "disgusting" because they view things differently is bad. He should disappear back up his own arse and try and find something else he can be self righteous about.

I know, how about this, a really ugly Scottish woman appears at in the centre circle at Gnome Park, she produces an urn containing Lady Di's ashes which she gargles with, she then goes on to sing "My Heart Will Go On" beautifully, Simon Cowell stands, Porkie stands and every one goes home feeling a better person and that they've done their bit to make the world a better place.

Marvellous!

Grecian2K

errrrm

Did you actually read my SECOND para Sturtz?

Or is this the legendary double whoosh with backflip and forward somersault. If the latter, I salute you Sirrah ;)

STURTZ

Sorry old chum, I did read your explanation of your opening volley but my outrage at Porkiey's defamatory remarks got the better of me, I shouldn't have been so rude and must behave more better..

Porkie is still a ph**king t*sser though!