• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Artur Condemns Noble Boos!

DJH2005

From what I'm reading, it seems to me that a very small faction of those present for a game at SJP are responsible for the 'booing'. No dyed in the wool proper City supporter would contemplate doing that!
You could ask them Pete. A few of them post on Exeweb.

There clues are there before you ask for names. Just work it out for yourself.

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
I cant believe that this concept of booing a City player is real. In all the City games of watched since the mid 50's, I dont believe I've ever heard a concertive effort to boo one of our own players.
Could you you think of anyone in that time who was getting paid spunk loads of cash and yet wasn't prepared to put in the effort.

Nowadays so many of them have such a high opinion of themselves that they choose to insult the intelligence of the fans that pay they inflated wages, fortunately this is a minority still but it is imho a growing minority.

The booing is not usually in response to players playing crap, it is usually either because a player is not putting in the effort or the Cheese Man refuses to take off a player that is having a mare because he is so far up his own arse.

Mackster

The Noble I saw in the Walsall away league game and the Noble I saw away at Orient were two different animals. Against Walsall he looked fit and mobile, but a month or so later against the O's he was fat and out of condition. I know he had an injury, but that shouldn't preclude him from training to keep him in shape, or give him licence to pack on the pounds.

He is a professional athlete that gets paid to keep in shape, he receives his wage even when injured, so the least he should do is maintain his condition until he can kick a ball again. I wouldn't boo him or any other City player during a game, encouragement is all we should give, but post game and on this forum he is fair game IMO.

stumpynadge

Players want all the adulation when they're playing well, they have to take the rough with the smooth. If they don't like it, they can go and get another job. Just like the rest of us.

It's called life, get used to it.

Antony Moxey

I know he had an injury, but that shouldn't preclude him from training to keep him in shape, or give him licence to pack on the pounds.
Depends on the injury I would imagine.

Noble played f*cking awful against Scunthorpe and i actually don't think i've seen him perform well before at all, tisdale isn't taking him out of the squad and the fans were letting him know that he needs to. until he actually puts in an effort and starts performing he needs to be either on the bench or training with the reserves because now we have a fully fit squad there are allot of players I would rather see playing than him! I'm not saying booing him's right or that it's going to help him, but he deffo needs to be dropped! And if i see him starting agin playing as sh*t as he has been recentley, then i may even be keen on booing him because tis needs to get him out of the squad!

delve in the hole

a word of congratulations to Artur for improving his form so much over the last two months - it was probably all that booing that made him do it. as for Noble he had an awful game last week bit early to dismiss him just yet, across the season so far he has contributed OK. He is though a frustrating player to watch. Sometimes great sometimes scunthorpe. Sometimes all in the same match.

FAN-TATIC

a word of congratulations to Artur for improving his form so much over the last two months - it was probably all that booing that made him do it.
I understand how much fans would like to think that it is the booing that is responsible for Artur's improved form. Personally, I very much doubt it.

Tisdale, made it clear publicly, 3 or 4 weeks ago that "Artur is my number one choice and he will remain so until I decide otherwise." I think that it is as a result of that support that Artur has knuckled down and improved his performances week on week. He is in my opinion getting better and better with each game that passes. His self-confidence (and that is crucial) is improving all the time.

Tisdale was reported in the SUN as stating that Artur is the most athletic keeper he has seen in his 5 years in charge, and is destined to be a top class keeper in his opinion.

With that level of managerial support and encouragement it is no wonder that Artur continues to improve.

Booing or encouragement and support? You make your own choice, I choose the latter.

Last edited:

Grecian_Jay

I understand how much fans would like to think that it is the booing that is responsible for Artur's improved form. Personally, I very much doubt it.

Tisdale, made it clear publicly, 3 or 4 weeks ago that "Artur is my number one choice and he will remain so until I decide otherwise." I think that it is as a result of that support that Artur has knuckled down and improved his performances week on week. He is in my opinion getting better and better with each game that passes. His self-confidence (and that is crucial) is improving all the time.

Tisdale was reported in the SUN as stating that Artur is the most athletic keeper he has seen in his 5 years in charge, and is destined to be a top class keeper in his opinion.

With that level of managerial support and encouragement it is no wonder that Artur continues to improve.

Booing or encouragement and support? You make your own choice, I choose the latter.
Sorry Fanny but T*ssdale said the same.thing back in the summer so nothing new.

Devons Red

Noble played f*cking awful against Scunthorpe and i actually don't think i've seen him perform well before at all, tisdale isn't taking him out of the squad and the fans were letting him know that he needs to. until he actually puts in an effort and starts performing he needs to be either on the bench or training with the reserves because now we have a fully fit squad there are allot of players I would rather see playing than him! I'm not saying booing him's right or that it's going to help him, but he deffo needs to be dropped! And if i see him starting agin playing as sh*t as he has been recentley, then i may even be keen on booing him because tis needs to get him out of the squad!
you sir, know it! well said