• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Arron Davies.................................

Flackmeister

Seriously underwhelmed. He'd have re-signed him even if we weren't under the embargo. It's the same laziness that led to us signing O Flynn last season when it was obvious he wasn't up to it.

I'd love to know how many games of football our esteemed managerial team watch.
I would much rather we tried harder to keep Gosling, more effective & probably on lower wages. Our loss is Bristol Rovers gain.

grecianboyy

we are going to ****ing ****e next season just have that feeling!

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
we are going to ****ing ****e next season just have that feeling!
Have faith grecianboyy, never underestimate the mediocrity of the opposition in our division, and we did start very well last year, and the players who have gone (excluding Gow and Artur) this year were certainly not our best. Young uns a year older, just need to sort out this wretched embargo and beef up the numbers to support our core team..........I know I am a minority view but I am ever the optimist :)

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
I thought that we have 22 signed on :)
You are right Mr B, but included in that is Hamon, Riley-lowe and Pope who have never featured and Tillson, Watkins and Jay who have barely featured so we do look quite light unless some of these turn out like Grimes.

grecianboyy

Maybe :/..........................

Number13

Seriously underwhelmed. He'd have re-signed him even if we weren't under the embargo. It's the same laziness that led to us signing O Flynn last season when it was obvious he wasn't up to it.

I'd love to know how many games of football our esteemed managerial team watch.
The poxy embargo thing raises its head. This club has no money so commits some of it on a player who wasnt even playing at the end of the year and most accept aint that good. He wasnt going elsewhere people, and if he did, who cares. The time to sign him would have been the day before our first game if the embargo was still on. He could have trained all summer with us so all this "he needed to be training" nonsense also put to bed

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hamon and Pym as first and 2nd choice - big gamble going with 2 inexperienced goalkeepers for a whole season - id personally still like to see an experienced keeper brought in once were able to sign players again.
My thoughts exactly. I would bring in an experienced keeper and send pym out on loan to get some game time. I'm sure Pym and Hamon are talented keepers but I like a bit of experience between the sticks.

Likewise upfront. Get an experienced forward in and get one of the fringe players out on loan such as Matt Jay, or Reid.

Obviously with the budget restraints this is easier said than done. If all goes t!ts up with our goalkeepers we could always get an emergency loan keeper in.

wemissmoxey

The poxy embargo thing raises its head. This club has no money so commits some of it on a player who wasnt even playing at the end of the year and most accept aint that good. He wasnt going elsewhere people, and if he did, who cares. The time to sign him would have been the day before our first game if the embargo was still on. He could have trained all summer with us so all this "he needed to be training" nonsense also put to bed
Agree with most of that.

I do actually think Davies has a bit of ability though, technically he is a reasonable player who can score and create goals, sadly we have not got the best out of him so why continue with it ??

Typical Tisdale decision.

Play Davies in an attack minded role or don't bother, he is not suited to a negative role.

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I'd be pretty happy to stick around unpaid for over a month too, and I most certainly wouldn't tell the club to FRO.

He's a useful player to have in the squad, capable of some fine displays - needs to do it more consistently but then if he did he probably wouldn't be in L2 to be perfectly honest.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Saw the highlights of this match on sky the other week. There is a very good player in Aaron.

[video=youtube;wI-RO51QMf8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI-RO51QMf8[/video]