• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Argyle set up ultra group - let's not be left behind.

HarryECFC

Drum - I am good with a drum and know alot of beats...

I don't have one though....

What happened to the club saying they would get us one?

HarryECFC

You would of course need a hard ended drum stick for the bass-ier sound.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's ok, but we need a bigger one IMO, bass-ier. I dunno, I'm not a drum expert ;)

There is money specifically set aside to get one FFS, someone (who knows what they're doing) just needs to step up and play it. A beat would mean we could keep the songs going (away games are easier as people aren't as spread out)
So you think that the Jobsworth Dayglo Army will allow somebody to carry a f*cking great big bass drum, complete with sticks, into St James Park? I dont think so. How could they allow it when they are told to clamp down on inflatable bananas and balloons in general?

Grecian Max

Yes Peter, we are allowed a drum. We also have permission for flags on poles if we want them, that's straight from the safety officer.

Harry - the money is there - nothing has happened as no one had stepped forward to do the drumming ;) would you like to do it then?

city_is_my_life

Harry - the money is there - nothing has happened as no one had stepped forward to do the drumming ;) would you like to do it then?
No-one under the age of sixteen as they are all hyped up on testosterone and can't keep the rhythm slow enough.

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
So you think that the Jobsworth Dayglo Army will allow somebody to carry a f*cking great big bass drum, complete with sticks, into St James Park? I dont think so. How could they allow it when they are told to clamp down on inflatable bananas and balloons in general?
Inflatable drums are banned. Same with hammers - real ones? Yes. Inflatable giant ones? No.

That came from big chief sitting bull dayglo guru himself :)

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
You would of course need a hard ended drum stick for the bass-ier sound.
You actually need a different drum. The wider the circumference, the deeper the tone. The hardness of the tip of the drumstick increases attack, but not tone.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
i thought Yeovils atmosphere was pretty good when the drum was involved, got the rest of the ground involved aswell
What did you think of the tambourine?

Grecian Max

We've never had a drum done properly before (a little snare or whatever it was that the YST has a few years ago doesn't count. I really think the rhythm will help keep the chants going, very much like Yeovil did. So let's get this finally sorted, because no one can claim our home atmosphere is good, which is mental as away from home we are one of the best (consistently get rave reviews from oppo fans)

Grecian2K

I hear the the 'gigglers version have already chosen their logo and motto