• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Argyle Players.

devonderby

Its not sour grapes because you beat us fair and square yesterday - by far the better team.

There has to be a reality check with your views on Argyle players signing for you.

The ones you have mentioned........

Mason - Swindon bid 300k....do you have that?

Zubar - Will sign for a championship team - top player

Nelson - will sign for a premier league team - hopefully we can get him back on loan ala Harley/Swansea for you guys

Fallon - despite being attacked by a lot of Argyle fans he obviously has something. Plus hes on around 8k a week at Argyle. I think someone like Brighton or a struggling championship team may want him. Roy Keane rated him very highly, Swansea also came in for him before our financial crisis took hold.

Bolaise - Very raw. I'm not even sure he knows what he is going to do when he gets the ball! Barnsley had a bid for him turned down in Jan. He is vastly improved and although I'd like to see him stay he will probably he in the championship.

I think it is safe to say none of them will be signing for Exeter. Not a dig because you have a wage structure etc and that will prohibit signing these type of players - if you look at us that may not be a bad thing!

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
For me, Zubar impressed again. Nelson looked pretty good and Bolassie looked very dangerous late on, having done nothing much up to that point besides shanking a cross out under no pressure.

Fallon looked uninterested and didn't worry me at all.

Last edited:

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Its not sour grapes because you beat us fair and square yesterday - by far the better team.

There has to be a reality check with your views on Argyle players signing for you.

The ones you have mentioned........

Zubar - Will sign for a championship team - top player

Nelson - will sign for a premier league team - hopefully we can get him back on loan ala Harley/Swansea for you guys

Fallon - despite being attacked by a lot of Argyle fans he obviously has something. Plus hes on around 8k a week at Argyle. I think someone like Brighton or a struggling championship team may want him. Roy Keane rated him very highly, Swansea also came in for him before our financial crisis took hold.

Bolaise - Very raw. I'm not even sure he knows what he is going to do when he gets the ball! Barnsley had a bid for him turned down in Jan. He is vastly improved and although I'd like to see him stay he will probably he in the championship.

I think it is safe to say none of them will be signing for Exeter. Not a dig because you have a wage structure etc and that will prohibit signing these type of players - if you look at us that may not be a bad thing!
Spot on. We all need a reality check from time to time. Argyle have lost many good players for a song, and are going to lose more, because they flew too close to the sun. City MUST avoid that.

That said, Swindon probably don't have £300k any more, and other clubs are also going to be much more careful about spending money for a couple of seasons. So I wouldn't write off entirely City signing an Argyle player this summer.

That said, good players do not of themselves a team make...ask Man City! I trust and hope Tis and Perryman will be considering very carefully team dynamics, etc. before signing anyone.

If we can't get Zubar, I'd rather have Dean Bowditch from Yeovil than any of the other players mentioned anyway...

TOP_CITY_FAN

Button was utter sh*te. His kicking was absolutely dreadful, straight in to touch every time
Don't we have that already?

Saint James

Except they didn't bid anywhere near that - do you think for one moment that Ridsdale would have allowed 300k to vanish from his sweaty palms!!! The 'bid' was nearer to £50k with add-ons. Sorry to ***** your bubble but fact and fiction and all that.

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Roy Keane rated him very highly
Would that be the Roy Keane that paid 10 million for a Sweaty goal keeper and who can't keep a management job for more than twenty minutes ?

Based on seeing them at the Dags Good Friday I wouldn't want any of them, Bolasie has got a bit of game but would expect too much money for not a great deal of product, I used to rate Button after seeing him play for the Dags a couple of years ago but he has gone backwards big time.

Nah, I think there are a lot better and probably cheaper about.

Red Lion

As I understand, he's Plymouth born and bred. When you have your 'car-booter' he'll go for much less, but you're right, he'll never come to us!!

DJH2005

My Ipswich mate thought Fallon was shocking, and helped sign the deal on Keano's sacking. (In so much as the board had seen enough of his signings and that it was unlikely to change anytime soon.)

No idea if true, just his thoughts/speculation.

Last edited:

PAFC!!

Yala is so hot and cold its untrue, on his off day he couldnt get into a blue square tema however when hes on form i think hes one of the best players utside of the prem

##URL REMOVED##/watch?v=C4Nm1PX6xkg This was him last season

**** Sorry! Web links not allowed for new users ****
This is an effort to combat spam postings. We apologise for any inconvenience.

flackyISmydadHONEST

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yala is so hot and cold its untrue, on his off day he couldnt get into a blue square tema however when hes on form i think hes one of the best players utside of the prem

##URL REMOVED##/watch?v=C4Nm1PX6xkg This was him last season

**** Sorry! Web links not allowed for new users ****
This is an effort to combat spam postings. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Aren't we all.