• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Argyle In Crisis: Latest!

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster

Last edited:

IJN

iscalad

SimonBB

Argyle fans

What do you think of the potential purchase of Simon Walton?

Played a few games for Leeds, went to Charlton, never played for them. Went to QPR (for 200k) did his leg, played 5 games, went on loan to Hull played in 10 games (over the season) then is potentially sold to you lot for 750k. I actually think he would be an okay purchase but why has his stock risen so much???? He was never gonna get in QPR's team this season.

IJN

Another Championship Football Manager (tm) "expert".

Nice Gif though, I'll have that in my collection if you don't mind. ;)

robin

i hope the guy does well for you
an aggressive defensive midfielder is an asset
but cant but help think 750 gs is an awful lot of wedge for whats got to be reckoned as a qpr squad player, that couldnt get into his club team and they loaned out probably for fitness but hey,he still couldnt get back into the team,
smacks a little off bad planning and more than a little desperation from the greenjackers manager ,my bacs up against the wall, ive got to do something quick,this squads just not really up to it, qpr sussing that out and consequently the price going up accordingly. I would have thought 250 g would have been his price , what, 10-15games since a broken leg!! a 500g price hike doesn't really add up, but, hey as porkie points out were not managers, just fans.
this signing doasnt stop me thinking the green wackers are in, or approaching a crisis.

shagger

Argyle fans

What do you think of the potential purchase of Simon Walton?

Played a few games for Leeds, went to Charlton, never played for them. Went to QPR (for 200k) did his leg, played 5 games, went on loan to Hull played in 10 games (over the season) then is potentially sold to you lot for 750k. I actually think he would be an okay purchase but why has his stock risen so much???? He was never gonna get in QPR's team this season.
It could be a gamble. He's still only 20, so has his best years of football to come. He's been surplus to requirements at both clubs he has played for in the last couple of years, so maybe sees this as an opportunity to develop and settle. Luggy has a history of signing 'squad' or unwanted players and turning them into decent team players. We lack a midfield enforcer now Wotton and Nalis have gone.

I was surprised at the price, but maybe QPR increased the value for a quick sale. He's had a stringent medical and it would seem his leg is recovered.

We still need a decent attacking midfielder and a couple more players but Luggy has said its easier to sign players once the season begins as Managers have an idea of their first teams.

iscalad

I was surprised at the price, but maybe QPR increased the value for a quick sale.
Surely they should have decreased the price for a quick sale:-O

Phil Sayers

We still need a decent attacking midfielder and a couple more players but Luggy has said its easier to sign players once the season begins as Managers have an idea of their first teams.
With respect he rows against the tide on that one - most managers like to shop early while the good players are available. If you are going to be signing Premiership / top end Championship squad players then fair enough - but you won't be.

i8somerset

part of da i8 franchise/at war with phil sayers
With respect
yo man you knowz nuffink bout respect man u just tripping wat da hell do u know bout football for dat matter u iz just council house trash innit off now to listen to da choons

Last edited: