• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Argyle 2 Truro 1

heathy1

Very well known Exeweb poster
Couldnt believe but Les Afful actually put Truro ahead last night, is that 4 goals in 200 starts for the striker now? Apparently in the match report sounds like Truro had over 25 shots on target! gonna be a great season....for Truro I think

Roy Hodgson

Gotta be a poor team if Les scores against you!

Jersey Tone

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14325863.stm

I enjoyed reading the match report on the BBC site, particularly the bit about the brave Argyle fightback against their local rivals. :) And there we were thinking their true rivals were Bristol City. ;)

Polmeer

Li'll Les actually scored last week as well against QPR...!
The Truro contingent made a lot of noise at Home Park.....
my favourite chants included - "Exeter are bigger than you" and "Is he your boss, is he our boss - we don't know". Kevin Heaney was actually sitting in the 'away' directors seats - what will the future bring..?
Next pre-season game for Truro - at home on Saturday v Torquay.

Jersey Tone

my favourite chants included - "Exeter are bigger than you" and "Is he your boss, is he our boss - we don't know". Kevin Heaney was actually sitting in the 'away' directors seats - what will the future bring..?
It's incredible really, when Les played for us he couldn't hit a barn door with a machine gun!! Still, glad the boy is doing well for you.

Like the Exeter chant, bet Zoo corner enjoyed that one!! Don't bother singing to Torquay though, we don't really give a sh*t about them.

Out of interest what was the crowd and how many did Truro take?

Polmeer

Attendance just under 2,300
About 180 Truro fans in the away end although a few more sneaked in to other parts of the ground.
My first time back in the Barn Park End since it was an uncovered standing area and I was there with ECFC... remember it well - some dear little argyle supporters thought it would be good fun to hurl bricks and stones from outside the ground over the top to land on our heads.

Thames Valley Red

Attendance just under 2,300
About 180 Truro fans in the away end although a few more sneaked in to other parts of the ground.
My first time back in the Barn Park End since it was an uncovered standing area and I was there with ECFC... remember it well - some dear little argyle supporters thought it would be good fun to hurl bricks and stones from outside the ground over the top to land on our heads.
Add a nought that is how many we would take for a 'friendly' ......... but well done!

heathy1

Very well known Exeweb poster
Youve probably got no chance against Torquay, Ive heard when they walk league 2 this season they have been granted special permission to be put straight into the premiership the year after, only right as they are the 'Barcelona' of England

Polmeer

I will let you know tomorrow how it went.
I would expect a Torquay win - but from comments made by Martin Ling on the TUFC Website I think he is underestimating Truro.

Polmeer

Reporting back,
Truro City 2 Torquay United 6
Having seen Truro draw 2 - 2 with Yeovil and then lose narrowly 2 - 1 to Argyle in a game they should have won - this was an eye-opener.
Martin Ling has certainly got a good team going very well there and on the basis of what I have seen so far I would tip Torquay for promotion this season.
They are looking strong all round and with a good strike force I am sure they will finish well above Argyle this season.
Attendance a paltry 506, Truros scorers Barry Hayles and the 'evergreen' Andy Taylor with the best goal of the day.