• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Are Playoffs Out Of The Question?

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Even if we were to win every home game between now and the end of the season we'd still be a mile off.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
We probably need 50 points from the remaining 26 games to be in and around the playoffs

Given we've collected 2 points from a possible 27 at home so far this season it's pretty unlikely

IndoMike

Do we really want to scrape into the playoffs? Even if that miracle were to happen, it would only cover up all the cracks in the club's structure.

tonykellowfan

A reasonable target at this point of the season would be to finish in the top half of the table.

Grecian2K

Even if we were to win every home game between now and the end of the season we'd still be a mile off.
Surely not...if we managed to win every away one as well? ;)
(Highly improbable I'll admit, but not theoretically impossible)

Rivercider

We can use statistics to make a case for or against many things,
I love statistics me.

Taking the current league form over the last 10 games, and predicting forward the same points for another 10 games,
after 30 games we have:-

Carlisle top with 62 points
City 13th with 37 points (10 points off playoffs)
Notts County and Accrington joint bottom with 27 points.

Which all goes to prove, errrr....., not a lot.

FWIW I think it is still just possible, but am not getting too excited,

cheers

Fareham Grecian

Do we really want to scrape into the playoffs? Even if that miracle were to happen, it would only cover up all the cracks in the club's structure.
So you are now in the PeteUSA camp of actively wanting your own team to lose?

Grecian2K

Suddenly only five points adrift (Dons Hard Hat and Flack Jacket)

On t'other hand

Still only five clear of the dreaded drop zone (Grabs chamber pot and jumbo roll of Andrex)

Gordon Dale

One team always comes from off the pace to nick it ...so why not ECFC?

Two more wins in the next couple of matches and they'd definitely be in the top ten is my take on it.

January transfer window activity (?) could dictate which way this goes.

D__Lo__

One team always comes from off the pace to nick it ...so why not ECFC?

Two more wins in the next couple of matches and they'd definitely be in the top ten is my take on it.

January transfer window activity (?) could dictate which way this goes.
Given the last minute loans and Reid's signature after the window it does give the impression the budget is stretched to its limit, if not beyond (understandable when a player of Reid's calibre became available to a team in City's position) Even taking into account that the loans may return in January I personally don't imagine much freeing up of funds for players as they were to cover injuries. The only scenario I can see anyone being brought in is if Watkins or Ampadu was sold which I would still struggle to see in a positive light. The problem is too much is still wasted on poor players.

Given the imbalanced squad and home form, mid-table would be a decent feat (although for obvious reasons no-one deserves applause for it)