• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Anyone else hear Tisdale's Interview

hating pafc

D*ck was probably harsh .
dont worry about it you said what you thought im sure your not the only one who thinks that at the moment!

dommers

Listen to what he says again he's not wrong.
Agreed. It's a shame than when someone says the truth it upsets so many.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Imagine the backlash on here if he had said this:

“If they are supposed to be our hard core supporters, I hate to think what their enemies are like. I thought supporters were supposed to get behind the club, win, lose or draw, to stand by whatever, but evidently not. When I came down here, this club was down and out and had been for a long time.”

Anyone?
Or imagine if he said...

Today we were poor, we rarely looked like threatning and were toothless up front. Our midfield lacked creativity and this is something we need to address.
The players need to come out from the 1st whistle and give it some and get the crowd up for it.
The crowd were quiet today but that isn't surprising as we lacked any real passion so it is understandable for them not to be cheering constantly.
If we carry on like this we are in trouble, something needs to be changed and I am working hard to change it and we will see a more positive side next week.

Imagine if he had said something truthful like that, fans would be happy and would respect him more, players would hopefully think hang on we need to pull our fingers out here...

But in reality it will never happen, he will keep churning out excuse after excuse.

Cravat

they pay to be there, they want to see good football or at least a good result, and if they don't they are expressing themselves.

We have to appreciate that for some Saturday afternoon is an opportunity to let off steam, and there may sometimes say or do things that others don't like. If we want an impeccably behaved crowd the next attendance might well be in three figures.
I think being in League One is part of the problem. Over the last few years we have won and drawn far more games than we've lost and we're used to being right up there. Things aren't going well this season and we are struggling, which is what so many people expected, however now we are here lots of fans are lashing out at the manager and the players.

It's a tough, tough league and I think many people would have been happier if we'd have fallen in the play-off final last year and this year we were there or thereabouts in League Two.

Personally, I'd rather be fighting for our lives in League One than doing well in League Two. That's why I'm being cheering the boys, and Tissy, on for the rest of the season.

Last edited:

Cravat

Imagine the backlash on here if he had said this:

“If they are supposed to be our hard core supporters, I hate to think what their enemies are like. I thought supporters were supposed to get behind the club, win, lose or draw, to stand by whatever, but evidently not. When I came down here, this club was down and out and had been for a long time.”

Anyone?
Terry Cooper, who WeeMissMoxey wants back...interesting.

It rings surprisingly true right now...

paperclip

I think being in League One is part of the problem. Over the last few years we have won and drawn far more games than we've lost and we're used to being right up there. Things aren't going well this season and we are struggling, which is what so many people expected, however now we are here lots of fans are lashing out at the manager and the players.

It's a tough, tough league and I think many people would have been happier if we'd have fallen in the play-off final last year and this year we were there or thereabouts in League Two.
Personally, I'd rather be fighting for our lives in League One that doing well in League Two. That's why I'm being cheering the boys, and Tissy, on for the rest of the season.
I agree with you, but with the players we have lost and the resulting squad we have had this season, I am not at all sure that we would have been doing spectacularly well in L2 either.

00gill78

Really? I'd say that the ability of most of our players is nowhere near that of the top 12 teams in this division and as a result we are what we are - a team struggling at the bottom end of the table.

Which of our squad do you think would make it into the first 11 of a top-end team?

Incididentally I think A_U is spot on about the popularity of Tis - at least among a certain type of City fan. I'd say Eamo (a legend) is far more popular than Tisdale, yet PT has achieved 1,000 times what Eamo did (and that isn't to belittle what Eamo did for this club) with arguably less talented players. PT was barely given a chance from the start - "P.E manager" who signs "southern league oil tankers". When do we ever sing Tisdale's name? He doesn't have one single song dedicated to him, despite the fact he is one of our most successful managers of all time. A pretty pathetic record on our part.
Just take a step back from what you and AU have said there. Tisdale
IS one of our most successful managers. And after achieving back to
back promotions should be Godlike and be treated with adulation.
Arguably he is not and I will suggest he is not because he plays the
most tedious painful to watch football. He has been here for 3 seasons
and the amount of really entertaining worth the entrance money and
more games is less than a dozen. All our previous 'successful' managers
also played entertaining football. PT falls into the Peter Fox try to win
every game 1-0 bracket. It's a shame because I don't think he will
change, and maybe he doesn't think he needs to, after being previously
successful. It is strange that he is only a City God to a few. Whether
we go down or not Tiss would be more popoular if he was less like
Peter Fox and more like Alan Ball. Bally was not one of our 'successful'
managers but he was popular because he played entertaining football
that was worth the money to watch. Very few managers would of been
carried off shoulder high after losing 5-2. Old PT can't even get away
with drawing 1-1. But that is the game he plays. Roughly 1-0 or
nothing. A bit less psycho babble and maybe a winger. Football
is a simple game made complicated by idiots. Tiss if there's one thing
your not it's an idiot.

COYR!

ecfcok88

Listen to what he says again he's not wrong.
correct me if i'm wrong but he said that harley was boo'd when announced as MOTM because he missed the pen. i'm sure it was announced before the second penalty......

i dont condone him being boo'd but there were more deserving candidates and that's what warranted that reaction.

mdg

was in the og yesterday, didnt notice any bad vibes, just disappointment,no real booing, seemed to come from other parts of the ground,and suspect that it was not aimed at HARLEY, but aimed at the idiots who made the decision.

this club belongs to supporters, players, managers etc, are only here for a period in their lives, we dont have a choice, If Tis ,is having a go, its because he is as disappointed as we are,I SAW his face, as he walked off yesterday, the Guy, looked lost, confused and wondering what he had to do to get 3 pts.First half,we should have finished the match, and the longer it went on, could see another smash and grab, like the last home game.After the promotions he is entitled to our support. If we were to go down, I expect he would be gutted

Red Monster

correct me if i'm wrong but he said that harley was boo'd when announced as MOTM because he missed the pen. i'm sure it was announced before the second penalty......

i dont condone him being boo'd but there were more deserving candidates and that's what warranted that reaction.
No Harley was boo'd after he missed!!!