• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Anybody know much about card hacking/phising?

jr1871

So get this. The other half has child tax credits paid into a savings account, with online acccess, and a cashcard. She went to draw some out earlier, but cupboard was bare..logged in, and entire contents had been withdrawn at 7.30am on Monday morning, in Buckinghamshire. We had just got up then in Devon ready to take small person to school.

How can this be so, as the cash card never leaves the wife's purse other than to be used in a cash machine, therefore, nobody other than me and her know the pin number.

Very odd...its never been used online to pay for anything (as its only a cashcard) and never been 'handed' out to anybody.

A few people have paid bits and bats of money directly into the account, but again, they have never had the pin number.

Anybody in the know have any ideas? The bank were pretty good, and reckon we will have it back in a week or so, but very curious...

jr1871

I think phising should be phishing..sorry about that, it's the anxt!

Juan Kossof

It may be that your details were captured by a cash machine "insert" or mini-camera. If so, changing the PIN (use a machine inside a bank or building soc where it's very hard to frig them) may fix the problem.

heathy1

Very well known Exeweb poster
So get this. The other half has child tax credits paid into a savings account, with online acccess, and a cashcard. She went to draw some out earlier, but cupboard was bare..logged in, and entire contents had been withdrawn at 7.30am on Monday morning, in Buckinghamshire. We had just got up then in Devon ready to take small person to school.

How can this be so, as the cash card never leaves the wife's purse other than to be used in a cash machine, therefore, nobody other than me and her know the pin number.

Very odd...its never been used online to pay for anything (as its only a cashcard) and never been 'handed' out to anybody.

A few people have paid bits and bats of money directly into the account, but again, they have never had the pin number.

Anybody in the know have any ideas? The bank were pretty good, and reckon we will have it back in a week or so, but very curious...

This is easily solved, your missis sneaked back into bed in the morning after a crack fuelled back door smashing session in a swanky hotel in Bucks with a Nigerian tri athlete, unfortunately she blew all the money on an emergency helicopter ride back to blighty in order to be back before you woke up.Solved, and i'd get an Aids test if I were you

jr1871

Thanks for the constructive input. But if she was in Bucks, then she was already in Blighty, so not sure how the helicopter BACK to blighty works. And like you - she is not attracted to Nigerians. ;)