• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Any pictures of the ground in the early 90s?

Macca

Does anyone have any pictures of St. James Park in the early 90's?! or can set my mind at rest???

For some reason I have a memory of standing between the away end and the cowshed, in a very small area under a roof, and was pretty much caged in away from the away fans.... or am I dreaming this?!!?

Would of been 91 to 93ish

Cheers

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Macca, I think you must be dreaming. I've just checked an old aerial photograph and there's nothing there as you have described. There is a temporary toilet block here, and the existing away entrance is the only covered area.

PM me with your email address and I'll send it on as I can't post on here.

Surely that would have been where the (stinky) toilets used to be?

Grecian_In_Exile

Very well known Exeweb poster
Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Perhaps it wasn't a dream. But a nightmare; perhaps you were locked in the stinky toilets over night?

pete_h

Anyone got any old photos of the ground to post?

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Anyone got any old photos of the ground to post?
Pete, as I've said above I don't know how to post photos on here. Macca hasn't yet Pm'd me with his email address, so If you want to PM me, I'll email to you instead.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
I suspect the very small roofed area to which our friend refers is the area where you walked through to embark onto the St James Road terrace itself. It was only about 8 square feet and I dont know how you would watch the game from there, since the tin side of the structure faced the pitch!

I bet thats it though.

Gurkha Boy

Macca can you see what you are asking about here??

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-4591151585337103492

pete_h

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've got that pic on the noticeboard at home. I always feel great when I see Ant - who's a professional in such matters - saying "There'll be loads of room at the Grandstand / Away End sides of the ground when we move the pitch a bit", then I look at my pic and think "Well, I do trust Mr Mox, but it don't look like loads of room to me" :)