• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Any more news on Brazil?

Bittners a Legend

It was obvious the poster was heading for a ban and the mods acted correctly in my opinion.

The original message was lost in attempt after attempt to promote a child for their own benefit (Olivia's Dad and Mum) not the benefit of the Club. In many ways it is similar to pushy parents living lives through their kids rather than themselves... the user name itself pointed to that. Whatever the eventual outcome of the Brazil trip , the Club was right to distance themselves from the who sorry saga and Exeweb also right to distance itself from child exploitation, which comes in many guises.
I don't know the poster and I assume you don't either. I doubt you know the poster personally to be able to cast aspersions on the posters parenting ability. It's unpleasant and unnecessary. From what I remember at the time they weren't trying to promote a child but rather promote the story. It was other posters who kept banging on about their kid - and in fairly nasty terms too for grown adults.

I've no idea about personal abuse via PM but I recall the mods on this website calling the poster a liar, questioning their parenting ability and accusing them (wrongly in my opinion) of being after a freebie.

They might have been a bit obsessive - but then so is Pete on goalkeepers, Silver Fox on footballers anagrams etc - but they were posting warnings that lots of people didn't want to hear and consequently they were accused of ulterior motives. As it stands they seem to have been correct and little is proven about ulterior motives such as promoting a child. Don't think you can judge somebody on a username either - I thought James Bittner was a legend and didn't even get the user name grammatically correct...!

I imagine like most parents they just want the best for their child and I don't think you, or the mods of Exeweb, are in a position to judge whether their manner of going about that is right or wrong. It's actually a bit mental that the mods allowed all these personal attacks to stay just because they didn't like the poster. The focus then, and now, should have been on the fact that it appears Tagg, Chorlton and Henderson have been attempting to deceive us for the past ten months and risked making a laughing stock of the club we love. However, because some people didn't want to hear the possibility that all might not be as it seemed focus was placed on the poster and ridiculous accusations made.

Last edited:

Barum

I don't know the poster and I assume you don't either. I doubt you know the poster personally to be able to cast aspersions on the posters parenting ability. It's unpleasant and unnecessary. From what I remember at the time they weren't trying to promote a child but rather promote the story. It was other posters who kept banging on about their kid - and in fairly nasty terms too for grown adults.

I've no idea about personal abuse via PM but I recall the mods on this website calling the poster a liar, questioning their parenting ability and accusing them (wrongly in my opinion) of being after a freebie.

They might have been a bit obsessive - but then so is Pete on goalkeepers, Silver Fox on footballers anagrams etc - but they were posting warnings that lots of people didn't want to hear and consequently they were accused of ulterior motives. As it stands they seem to have been correct and little is proven about ulterior motives such as promoting a child. Don't think you can judge somebody on a username either - I thought James Bittner was a legend and didn't even get the user name grammatically correct...!

I imagine like most parents they just want the best for their child and I don't think you, or the mods of Exeweb, are in a position to judge whether their manner of going about that is right or wrong. It's actually a bit mental that the mods allowed all these personal attacks to stay just because they didn't like the poster. The focus then, and now, should have been on the fact that it appears Tagg, Chorlton and Henderson have been attempting to deceive us for the past ten months and risked making a laughing stock of the club we love. However, because some people didn't want to hear the possibility that all might not be as it seemed focus was placed on the poster and ridiculous accusations made.
Great post Bitts!

Pete USA please see my PM.

Last edited:

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've met od...v odd individual....

Barum

I've met od...v odd individual....
Surely anyone who supports ECFC is a odd individual! ;)

Last edited:

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Pete USA please see my PM.
I got it John. I gotta go to bed buddy; its 4.40 in the morning here. Will respond later.

Ian_Woodward

I think that the people in charge of the business side of ECFC have failed massively, my business is still new (second year of trading) but even to me its clear that you NEVER let a good chance pass you by, this could have set us up for years, we could have put the ECFC in the worlds shop window, it could have had massive ripples that meant money wasnt an issue for years to come

We could have (if done in the correct way) had the FA and FIFA want us there, i believe the powers that be failed to promote us in the correct manner

OD was a tit, that is a fact, but deep down i think he wanted to help make ECFC a large amount of money and help put us on the world footballing stage

as i said above if it was spurs 100yrs ago they wouldnt have missed out on making a **** load of money from this
I really don't see how there was ever any money to be made from this?

Who outside of our club is going to give a toss about us playing Fluminese. I have no interest in it and I'm a city fan!!

IndoMike

The original idea is not so bad, but they seem to have taken an almighty jump from idea stage to announcing officially that there will be a match. They've done it living on a prayer. Full praise to those who bought their tickets, though - a huge leap of faith in Taggy & Co.

Antony Moxey

I had no accurate reliable basis for my comments, so I apologised profusely and admitted that there was no verifiable truth in what I had said.
So there's further apologies to come then?

malcolms

So there's further apologies to come then?
I suspect there will be a need for plenty of apologies flying around over the coming weeks...whether they will all be forthcoming is debatable....

Pete Martin (CTID)

I really don't see how there was ever any money to be made from this?
I'm not entirely sure about that Ian. Like you, I am not really interested, but, when it was first announced I was pretty excited about the prospect and probably would have shelled out and gone if there was ever any indication from Brazil (or even from Fluminense) that some worthwhile match was going to take place, along with the attendant coverage and publicity, as it could have been a really significant event. As it is, it appears to have been more or less killed off as an event/spectacle by incompetence and lack of commercial nous.

Wasn't it Michael Palin who visited the Laranjeiras Stadium in one of his travel programmes and there was a brief mention in the programme of Exeter City's historic trip there in 1914? I do think there was enough mileage in that historical event to make something worthwhile out of it and to benefit City financially. Unfortunately all we seem to have now is a very damp squib.