• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Amy winehouse Dead

Herschel

RIP Stanno, City Legend never to be forgotten
I can barely remember what young Shrek did, let alone what I posted on here about it, amigo.

I agree about the media's reaction to her death, but H's hysterical diatribe seems just as ludicrous to me. Glass houses and all that.
It is amusing isn't it.

I have written every post, calm as you like and with a smirk on my face.

I'm not really as angry about it as my posts read, but to be quite honest, the content of what I've written still stands.

I just like the reaction it gets really...........

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
I just like the reaction it gets really...........
It ain't big and it ain't clever, next time you're on your own.

Herschel

RIP Stanno, City Legend never to be forgotten
It ain't big and it ain't clever, next time you're on your own.
Like I need your "help" Poult.

See, the reaction my posts on this thread have got epitomises what I'm talking about with the internet generation........

For instance, my first post was genuinely my thoughts on the subject; it was simple and to the point, yet I get a reply suggesting it was the worst thing someone had EVER read on Exeweb.

At the same time, there were many already posting sick jokes about Ms. Winehouse.

Where was the lambasting of those posts?

I'll leave it there, apart from to say, take the swearing out my later posts and I stand completely by what I said.

H

Having gone through addiction I find some of the posts on her somewhat naive.
No one wants to be an addict. It has nothing to do with fame and fortune. What about the hundreds that die every day from addiction that do not have the limelight.
Mine started with depression that I never knew I had, just felt a bit down and would have a drink to get over it.
It was years before it was diagnosed and by then it was too late. My failure to act earlier cost me my job my marriage and almost my life... All that for not dealing with the depression in the first place.
So I say to the posters who casts stones... One day it could be you.

Langer

She got lucky and dun a few good songs end of.

Last edited:

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
No one wants to be an addict. It has nothing to do with fame and fortune. What about the hundreds that die every day from addiction that do not have the limelight.
Mine started with depression that I never knew I had, just felt a bit down and would have a drink to get over it.
It was years before it was diagnosed and by then it was too late. My failure to act earlier cost me my job my marriage and almost my life... All that for not dealing with the depression in the first place.
Best post here.

grecianred

Best post here.
absolutely. to suggest an addiction is a lifestyle choice is so far wide of the mark...

The Red Star

I am not an addict

Last edited:

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Drugs 1, Amy Whinehouse 0.

That's a full time result I guess.

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
There is no doubting that addiction is a serious condition and that quite often we need help in dealing with it, but Sh*tehouse had every bit of help known to modern medical and psycho babbly science, she rejected it because she liked being a druggie, it was easier than not being one, she chose her path despite being put on a better one numerous times, she played a game of Russian roulette and got what she was always likely to get.

Cancer is an illness, 99% of depression, alocholism, drug addiction, obesity et al are lifestyle choices which 'health professionals' call illness to bump their budgets, if your kid is a w*nker you're sh*t out of luck, but if he has got ADHD then watch out cos here comes the benefits gravy train while your GP adds one more to his list of active patients and sits back watching the cash roll in.

Last edited: