• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

All the best for Saturday and for the rest of the season....

Dan_Macclad

3-1 does spring to mind..also Peter Davenport getting his 100th league goal...
That day was awesome,the best away game ive ever been to,and ive been to alot, I still have an Exeter City scalf at home after swapping with mine at the end of the game... As i said originally i have massive respect for ECFC from that day onwards...and always look out for your results..

The reserve game was a very young macc side...most of our young players are first team now anyway so the reserves is practically the youth team nowadays...

Hopefully shall be a good game on saturday,our team is buzzing after 3 superb results and performances,both morgan and Brisley look very solid and classy at the back,Danny Thomas has been brilliant,plus Simon Yeo beginning to show what a good finisher he is after scoring 3 in 3...

We know that it will be a tough game,we know as well as you that you have to be a very decent side to get promotion from the Conference...

tisdale 1

Resigned
We know that it will be a tough game,we know as well as you that you have to be a very decent side to get promotion from the Conference...
you must be the only team that does;)

Dan_Macclad

you must be the only team that does;)
We won it twice..which makes us amazing:cool:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Ever since my first trip to Exeter in our promotion season the reaction of your fans was immense and from that day on i have massive respect for Exeter and the fans...

all the best for saturday,and genuinly hope you have a good season....

Welcome back to the Football League...
That was a top day all round, culminating in my getting the 2nd most drunk in all my 31 years. Macclesfield showed that day exactly why they got promoted, but we were also delirious as on the same day the Gargs got themselves relegated, and Torquay managed to blow automatic promotion - and for me, Brentford got relegated too meaning I had the return of my "home" match.

I got back to Brizzle, and proceeded to drink the city dry.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
There are two other things that stick in my mind about that 1-3 game. Firstly inx good Macclesfield were. We were awful at the time and I was certainly impressed with your football. Secondly, the manager. If i'd known then that Sammy McIlroy would completely ruin my summer eight years later i certainly wouldn't have been so friendly! ;)

ecfcandy

thanks for the kind words dan
shame were gonna have to beat u on sat!

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
We won it twice..which makes us amazing:cool:
The first time Macc won it,it of course reprieved the Grecians from relegation to the Conference in 1995....I think there were ground grading issues.Which was a stroke of luck for the Grecians at the time,especially as i recall seeing us beating Chester at the same ground a few years earlier,when Chester ground shared!...I was good enough then..

Well-known Exeweb poster
thanks for the kind words dan
shame were gonna have to beat u on sat!
beat ?? kick arse , springs more readily to mind !!

but, again thanks v much Dan.