• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

All going reserves clap your hands.

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
He and a big girly scream from the Argyle player.
That's shocking. :D

Good old Bertie. Good that some things never change.

LOG

Decided to go at the last minute and it was an entertaining enough game.

The centre backs both looked strong and i'm sure could step up to the first team. Jack O had a decent game against Greg Louganis but Sercombe spent most of the time being turned inside out by Noone. He was probably their best player though.

Impressed with Bertie who bossed the midfield and we were treated to the expected squaring up moment. He got up and down the pitch well and did the simple stuff without any fuss. Shepherd and whoever the other one was did ok and weren't over-run.

Up top, McAllister was fairly ineffective (did he put the cross in for our goal though?), Watson took his chance well and ran around a lot. Basham did ok but the position didn't suit him.

Marriott had a bit of a stinker.

Crowd wise, i thought more than 380 odd but hey. Also, one turnstile open and four people working in the tea hut. Guess where the queue was.

jambo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Should have said hello mate ;)

Agree with much of what's been said, especially regarding the quality of our goal (cross was from Sercs), the quality of Bennett & Murray, the lack of quality from Marriott...

...& the outstanding performance from Bertie. No wonder Panther slunk off - he could see the writing on the wall :)

Not so sure about Dawson, F7 - thought he did well enough when he had a bit of space, but his lack of bulk & strength were exposed whenever he came under pressure. But no doubt he's a quality prospect.

Also thought Manc's new fan club showed signs of possible quality :D

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
Enjoyed the game.

Bennet is mint isn't he? had a great game.

Bertie had a good game too, the reserves are made for him.

Lots of running from Watson but very little end product, reminds me of Mackie in lots of ways

£1 well spent.

LOG

Lots of running from Watson but very little end product, reminds me of Mackie in lots of ways

£1 well spent.
I didn't think Watson cost anything?