• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

All going Grimsby

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think 12 quid is a lot for 16/17 year olds, most 16 year olds are still in compulsory education and don't have a job (Pelesy,Alex etc) so charging them 1 quid less than a full adult would pay at a home game is excessive Imo.

Not that it matters now, I won't be there ;)
Well how about a single parent spending nearly 60 quid to go and watch City at Wycombe for them and a child, that's not cheap.

If you can't afford it you don't go, simple as. Not that you are anyway, now

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
we're still travelling until we hear the game is off, but we're full to bursting. Sorry.
If I hear of anyone with a spare seat I'll start a new thread.
Please, please have a safe journey and anyone else who makes the trip, if it goes ahead

libby

Just spoken to a client in Grimbsy who says that its clear there

t.a.f.k.a.g.g.

Exeter Races for Sunday: OFF

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
So far it is Libby, but it's the getting there!
They called off our game on Tuesday as it was dangerous for Vale to travel, so I can't see it's that much different with us, except on Tuesday the game wasn't til the evening so no-one wouldve left Stoke by then. If they decide this game is off in the morning then we'll already be halfway there, dangerous or not.
Are Kiddy at home tomorrow? ;)

t.a.f.k.a.g.g.

Meeting of Chudleigh History Group Talk: "Shackleton's Endurance Expedition in 1914 to the Antarctic" at Chudleigh Town Hall tonight: OFF

You couldn't make it up. How ironic.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well how about a single parent spending nearly 60 quid to go and watch City at Wycombe for them and a child, that's not cheap.

If you can't afford it you don't go, simple as. Not that you are anyway, now
Agree with Josh on this one. Even some Championship ticket prices are cheaper than that.

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
The thing is it's steep in context.

18 quid is about average for a L2 adult.

12 quid for a Child isn't... Accy: 4; Morecambe: 4; Notts C:5; Macc; 5 Exeter: 5, so on and so on.

So in contrast, 12 quid is steep, seeing as it's nearly double the price.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
The thing is it's steep in context.

18 quid is about average for a L2 adult.

12 quid for a Child isn't... Accy: 4; Morecambe: 4; Notts C:5; Macc; 5 Exeter: 5, so on and so on.
If we got back to 'the old days' when a juvenile price for admission was always half of the adult price.We would all know where we stand..

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
If we got back to 'the old days' when a juvenile price for admission was always half of the adult price.We would all know where we stand..
I think that's a very good idea!